Friday, August 03, 2012

Four Ways Friday #96 - Papaya Collage

This week's Four Ways Friday is all about playing with the Papaya Collage stamp set!  Have fun!
Let's begin with simply stamping - just ink and stamps.  This card actually was not designed to turn out this way, but a mistake with stamping the first frame turned this card into an opportunity :)  I actually like what happened!  I stamped the bird first and then stamped the bird onto copy paper and cut it out to create a mask.  I temporarily adhered the mask over the bird and then stamped the first frame at full strength and the additional frames at half and 1/3 strength with Midnight Muse.  Next came the leaves - also at half and 1/3 strength with Gumball Green.  Finally I stamped the sentiment from Bring On The Cake at full strength with Gumball Green.
The images in this set are perfect for layering, layering, layering!  Here I stamped the rose onto multiple pieces of Very Vanilla cs that I then separated with Wild Wasabi cs.  I was inspired by this technique video by Dawn Olchefske.  The bird and hat were both stamped and then cut out.  I then stamped the flourish image onto Primrose Petals cs with Primose Petals ink.  A piece of Crumb Cake seam binding and the sentiment from Itty Bitty Banners finishes the card.
This set has some beautiful images for creating borders and backgrounds.  I began with a piece of Crumb Cake cs that I folded in half and then folded one edge down at 1 1/4".  I then stamped the leaf image in Crumb Cake all over the cs - on the outside panel and on the inside panel.  Next, with the help of the stamp-a-ma-jig, I stamped the circle flourish image across the 1 1/4" band on the card using Raspberry Ripple ink.  I used my piercing tool to add the antique brad.  Then, I sewed the edges of the card down and gently brushed the white thread with Crumb Cake stampin' pastel to blend the thread color into the card.  I then took a piece of Raspberry Ripple cs and layered it with a piece of Crumb Cake cs and stamped the greeting from Loving Thoughts.  Here is a look at the "card" outside of the "pocket."
The frame stamp also makes a wonderful frame for pictures for your cards or scrapbook pages.  I'm not a big scrapbooker (although I'm tempted to start to try a few pages), so I made the frame into a card for Michael from our cat Willow :)
I stamped the frame onto a rectangle of Whisper White cs at half strength and then cut out the inside rectangle.  I then printed a picture of Willow and adhered the frame on top using dimensionals.  Next I added a few rhinestones to the frame.  I then placed the frame on top of a piece of Basic Black cs that I had run through the Big Shot with the Lacy Brocade embossing folder.  That piece was then adhered onto a Whisper White card base.  Next, I stamped the circle flourish image onto a piece of Primrose Petals cs and added a punched Lovely Little Label :)  Finally, a touch of stitched Raspberry Ripple stitched ribbon.
I hope you've enjoyed this week's Four Ways Friday!  I hope it inspires you to have fun with the Papaya Collage stamp set...or to use another stamp set in some of the ways that you see here!  Wishing you a wonderfully peaceful, creative and love-filled weekend!!!!!

1 comment:

Lorraine said...

You really show how to get the most out of each set you feature. I am always in awe.