Tuesday, August 07, 2012

Elements Of Style Thank You

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  I Need To Stop Looking To The Comments & Views For Affirmation That I Exist
I post a new post or a new video and I find myself checking the post or the video for the number of views or for comments.  As if to let myself know that if someone looks at my words or my creations that somehow I really do exist.  Giving this power to comments and views has a very dangerous side - because sometimes (much more frequently than not), there are no comments and it can make me feel down.  Why do I let it?  When I go surfing around on the internet, it is rare that I leave comments anywhere - that in no way means that I wasn't touched, inspired, energized by what I saw or read.  I have just visited, as if robed in an invisibility cloak, and didn't leave a sign that I was there.  So I will continue to post, hoping that you are out there - hoping that in some way I am connecting with you, inspiring you, touching you.  Thank you so much for stopping by even if you are wearing your cloak of invisibility :)
Today's card was soooo simple to make and is quite elegant!  I began with a Sahara Sand card base and stamped the Elements of Style floral image in Primrose Petals ink.  Next I punched out a decorative label punch from Naturals Ivory card stock and then did a bit of paper piercing using my piercing tool, piercing mat, and Essentials paper piercing pack (LOVING the piercing pack - you'll be seeing me using this product A LOT!).  I stamped the sentiment from Teeny Tiny Wishes with Primrose Petals and used the small oval punch to punch it out.  I sponged the edges and popped it up on dimensionals.  Next came a small piece of Crumb Cake seam binding with a vintage trinket pin.  The final touch was a spritz using the spritzer tool and a Crumb Cake marker.  I hope you like it :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know I'm out here, don't you?? :-) I've gotten into the habit of often checking your posts when they appear at midnight. It's my online treat just before bed. Of course, at that time of night, I have little energy to comment. But please be assured that your thoughts, creations, and videos inspire and touch this reader. I'll try to remove my cloak of invisibility more regularly. Today's card is lovely. I really like how the greeting subtly pops against the background. I also got the Essentials paper piercing pack, but I hate to admit it's still in the package. :-( I think it's time to try it out!! --Doris

Lorraine said...

I love this. I love your style and you certainly do inspire me.