Monday, August 20, 2012

Curly Cute Chevron Congrats Card

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  Coincidence Is A Funny Thing
I didn't plan it...really I didn't!  But somehow this card brought together an amazing number of "c" words!  Just look at it...Crumb Cake card stock, Curly Label punch, Curly Cute stamp set, Chevron embossing folder, Comfort Cafe designer series paper...so bizarre!!!!  Coincidence is really a funny thing...and maybe it's not coincidence at all.  Maybe all of these "c's" were destined to be together :)  It might be a fun challenge to try - create a card using only those supplies that start with the same letter :)  Have fun!!!!
My friend asked me to create a wedding card for a friend that was getting married.  Since she only knows the groom, she decided she wanted a more masculine looking card.  Very Vanilla, Crumb Cake and Midnight Muse created a great palette.  I added a touch of paper piercing to create a border around the chevron panel.  I was pretty pleased with how it turned out.  I hope you like it too!

2 comments:

Barb Ghig said...

Hi Michelle ~
I love the clean (another 'c' word, lol) design of this card, and the color palette is gorgeous!

Also, CONGRATS to you on your publication in Paper Crafts Magazine! It was so fun to see your beautiful box, and then realize that it was you!!!

I hope you're doing well...have a great week!

Lorraine said...

I love this. The chevron folder with that paper is perfection.