Thursday, August 30, 2012

Circle Circus Paper Pierced B'day Card & An Acrobatic Squirrel

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  Don't Let Anything Stand In Your Way!!!!
This squirrel inspired today's lesson from the craft room:
By gosh, by golly, he was going to get to that suet if it killed her!  I have never seen such amazing squirrel gymnastics!  It was like watching a trapeze artist at work!  Nothing was going to get in this girl's way!  We each need to take a bit of this determination into our own lives.  If there is something you want to do.  If there is something you have been dreaming of.  If there is an experience you know you would enjoy.  What can you do to stretch (yes, stretch - just like her) toward that goal?  How can you use your strength and determination to get closer to the dream?  Yes, this little squirrel is my hero (even if there is a part of me that wishes she would stick to the peanuts and let the birds have the suet!).
Today's card is all about paper piercing :)  (I know that I had been doing Throwback Thursday for a number of weeks, but I've decided to box up my retired stamps for now and focus on using what is current...I needed to create more space in the craft room and decided boxing up my retired stamps for a little while might give me a bit of breathing room...We'll see if they keep whispering to me from the boxes :)  I used the paper piercing tool and templates to paper pierce with the adorning accents edgelit.  I also paper pierced decorative corners and a circle.  I even used the template to evenly space my adhesive pearls.  The stamped circles are all from Circle Circus and the greeting from Pennant Parade.  I added a touch of First Edition designer series paper to the Summer Starfruit and Melon Mambo palette.  I hope you like it!  You can check out my YouTube channel here to see a few videos on different paper piercing techniques.  Enjoy!

No comments: