Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Beautiful Wings Mixed Bunch Card

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  Pause And Observe
Buddy continues to teach me lessons every day...if I pay attention :)  Today on our walk he would be trotting along and then suddenly stop - still as a statue - and just observe.  Sometimes he would slightly turn his head.  You could tell his senses were all on high alert - watching for the slightest movement; sniffing for the slightest odor (of rabbit!!!!).  His actions, or non-action, reminded me once again that we all need to pause and observe.  To stop what we are doing and take it what surrounds us.  By pausing and observing, Buddy and I become aware of the songs of birds, the slightest movement in the brush of a bunny eating grass, the rustle of the leaves.  All of these are things I would miss if I did not pause and observe.  That Buddy is one wise canine :)
Today's card brings me peace just by looking at it.  I love the softness of Pool Party - so gentle.  (I was inspired by p. 149 of the Idea Book & Catalog).  I embossed the card base with the striped embossing folder.  I stamped one of the flowers from Mixed Bunch using Pool Party on Pool Party card stock.  The butterfly was created using the Beautiful Wings embosslit.  I sponged the edges and added some adhesive pearls.  A piece of organza ribbon adds a finishing touch.  I hope you like it!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Such a soft, pretty card. Your Buddy sounds very wise, indeed. --Doris

Lorraine said...

That is a lovely color and your card is super. I feel sorry for the people who I see walking that have something plugged into their ears - they really are missing a lot.