Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Apothecary Art and Circle Flower Birthday Card

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  Change Your Place, Change Your Mood!
As I am writing this post I am thinking about the bike ride I am planning to go on in about 10 minutes :)  I realize how much of a positive impact my bike rides and strolls have on my mental state.  Whether it's the rhythm of turning over the pedals or putting one foot in front of the other, changing my place from sitting in front of the computer or at a desk to being out in nature in some way can lift my spirits in a minute!  If you are feeling a bit stale or your mind seems to be spinning in circles, why not try changing your place!  You might like what it does to your mood :)
For today's card I paired Wisteria Wonder with Pool Party for the palette.  I ran the Pool Party card stock through the Big Shot with the Lacy Brocade embossing folder.  I stamped the images from Apothecary Art and then cut the sentiment into a banner and die cut the label with the Labels Collection framelits.  I used the holiday paper piercing pack to paper pierce the labels - I love this added detail.  I also pierced around the border of the card using the Essentials paper piercing pack.  Tip:  If you don't have any flower punches or dies, don't worry!  You can create some adorable flowers by simple piling circles one on top of the other!  Here I punched (you can also hand cut) a bunch of circles, crumpled them a bit and sponged the edges.  I added adhesive pearls to both centers and added a bojo blossom to one of them.  I hope you like it!

1 comment:

Lorraine said...

I actually said "wow" when I saw your color combination. Love it! Great card and I especially like the simplicity of the flowers. Biking this morning too!