Thursday, July 12, 2012

Throwback Thursday: Oriental Gardens

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  Sometimes Confusion Comes When There Is So Much Around Us
My craft room is bursting at the seams!  Full of all kinds of materials to play with and create with.  My room feels a bit like a mostly organized, very full closet!  Usually I find that if something isn't visible to me, it does not get used.  The other side of that is that when everything is visible (or somewhat visible) to me, I get confused about what to do!  It's almost like I freeze and just stare around the craft room like a deer in headlights - not knowing what move to make.  I am still battling with the idea of placing my next Stampin' Up! order.  I love the idea of having "new and fresh" to play with.  At the same time, I am already confused by what I have...so adding more things will likely add to the confusion.  That doesn't feel like a result that I want.  So for now, I am in "stall" mode.  Somewhere between placing an order and not placing an order.  Of course, the order that I am currently entertaining began as a "What if I ordered absolutely everything I want from the catalog and holiday mini?  What would that add up to?!"  So that's where I began...and you can imagine the damage an order like that would cause!  No, I'm not going to do that.  And I will likely not choose to refrain from ordering at least a little something.  But until I know what that little something is, I will hang out here in limbo and try to get creative with what I have...if I can get through the confusion :)
Today's Throwback Thursday features a beautiful set called Oriental Gardens.  I love these large plant images.  Here I just stamped the image twice - at full strength and half strength - with Always Artichoke ink.  The sentiment is from another favorite retired set called Sincere Salutations.  If you want to recreate this card with a new stamp set, Summer Silhouettes is a great set!  It has a wonderful leafy image that would look beautiful!  As for the greeting, you might try Delightful Dozen.  It has a lovely "get well soon" sentiment that would work well with Summer Silhouettes!  Enjoy!

1 comment:

Lorraine said...

Stall mode.... I like that. I usually find myself in a state of being overwhelmed with choices, but I think I like stall mode better. Sounds less "mental", like you're doing it by choice. I think what stalls me is thinking that I have to use lot's of stuff to make a beautiful card and then I don't know what to choose. I love your straightforward style. Just do this and this and bingo, you're done and you have something beautiful. You are an inspiration. Now, if I can only get into my craft room soon!