Monday, July 02, 2012

Nature Walk Stamped Collage

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  Sometimes I Let My Temper Get The Best Of Me
I was away last week for work and, as usual, went through my sadness at leaving home and my inability to fall asleep as early as I would like in the hotel rooms.  I hit a bit of a limit on Wednesday night.  It was after 10:30 pm and I had already been listening to the child and his mother (and maybe another voice) in the room next door for long enough.  It sounded as if the child had eaten 15 boxes of Fruit Loops and washed it down with a gallon of Coke.  That child was WOUND UP!  Now I understand that kids will be kids and they need their time to scream and laugh and jump and bang.  I also understand that 10:30 pm in a public hotel during the week is not the time for it.  I contemplated banging on the wall, shouting obscenities or turning the tv to maximum volume.  Instead I chose to take the civil route...and called down to the front desk to inform them that my desire to slumber was being interrupted by the youth and his family next door.  They said they would send security up and apologized for my lack of rest.  I did not hear security come up, but after about an hour, the sugar and caffeine seemed to have worn off sufficiently for the kid to calm down and get into bed (rather than jump on it).  I, of course, was now wide awake and did not find my zzz's until after midnight.  When the alarm went off before 6 a.m. I almost didn't hear it - I was pooped.  But, up I got - showered, packed, ready to start my day...and then the little devil appeared on my shoulder.  Hmmm...it's very quiet in that room this early in the morning.  I bet they are soundly asleep...enjoying their sweet dreams of sugar plum fairies and bubblegum clouds.  And yes, I did it...I admit it...when I went to close my closet after putting on my work clothes, I pushed the door a little...okay...a lot harder than I normally would...just to make it slam!  I also didn't even consider keeping the hotel room door from slamming shut behind me when I went out into the hall with my luggage.  I don't know if it woke them up.  And yes, I know it was a bit passive aggressive of me.  Is it wrong to say...it felt good?!  Yes, sometimes I let my temper get the best of me and I wish I was a better person and didn't allow it to happen.  I guess I still have some room to grow :)
Today's card was a quick stamped collage card.  I created the background with some ink and some water (I think I'll try to make a video of the technique to share with you tomorrow).  I stamped multiple images from the Nature Walk stamp set and then colored in the images with ink and my aqua painter.  I added a touch of dazzling details to the flowers.  The sentiment is from Loving Thoughts.  I finished things off by sponging the edges of the panel with Marina Mist ink.  I hope you like it :)

1 comment:

Lorraine said...

I think you could have thrown in a little pretend sneezing fit too :-) Love the card. Just finished watercoloring 70 backgrounds for wedding invitations. It's a fun technique, but like the noise in the room next door - too much tries your patience!