Friday, July 20, 2012

Four Ways Friday #95 - Apothecary Art

I am typing this week's Four Ways Friday against the backdrop of the tragedy that occurred in Aurora, Colorado very early this morning.  I woke to reading the news on-line and a wave of mixed emotions washed over me - anger, sadness, frustration.  My heart and prayers go out to each and every one of us who are touched in some way by this senseless tragedy and I pray for peace, comfort and healing.
For this week's Four Ways Friday I decided to focus on the Apothecary Art stamp set.  This set coordinates beautifully with the Labels Collection framelits and it also does fine all by itself!
For the first card I decided to do a bit of stamping...with a bit of a twist :)  Before I began stamping anything, I took a standard envelope and used a labels framelit to cut a hole in the front of the envelope!  I then inserted a Sahara Sand card base into the envelope and used the cut out hole as a guide to stamp the Apothecary Art image onto the card front.  Next I sewed a few embellishments (Comfort Cafe dsp and a bit of fabric) onto the card and added a button strung with linen thread.  Next came a greeting from Apothecary Art that I stamped with Midnight Muse and punched with an oval punch.  I used the color spritzer tool and a Sahara Sand marker to add a dash of color to the envelope and card.  Here is what the card looks like in the envelope:
For this second card, I stamped the image from Apothecary Art using Primrose Petals at half strength.  I also stamped the image using Raspberry Ripple at full strength.  Both were then die cut using a label framelit.  I then punched the center out of the Raspberry Ripple stamped image using my 1" circle punch.  The center was popped up onto the Primrose Petals stamped and die cut piece.  I added a bit of Dazzling Details to the flowers.  Finally, I took the remaining scrap piece from the Raspberry Ripple stamped and die cut image and cut off the ends.  I then used a dab of glue and glued the ends under the Primrose Petal focal piece.  The card base is Naturals Ivory.
Always remember that you don't have to ink up an entire stamp!  For this card I just inked up the floral wreath with my Versamark marker and then stamped the image and heat embossed with gold embossing powder.  I used my aqua painter with some inks to color in the flowers.  Next I embossed some brushed gold card stock using the Vintage Wallpaper embossing folder and then cut the card stock into a banner.  The greeting from Teeny Tiny Wishes was then stamped and cut into a banner as well.  A little crochet trim completes the card.
This next project was a bit difficult to take a picture of - sorry about that!  I decided to stamp the image from Apothecary Art onto aluminum tooling foil using Staz-On and then die cut the image using the labels framelits (yes, you can cut through certain gauges of tooling foil with the framelits!).  I then used the crop-a-dile to add small eyelets on the ends and threaded some taffeta ribbon through the eyelets.  I stamped the greeting from Just Believe with Staz-On and then added some Dazzling Details to the flowers.  Here is a close up of this wine bottle tag:
I hope you've enjoyed this week's Four Ways Friday!  Thanks so much for stopping by!!!!  I wish you a wonderful, peaceful, creative weekend surrounded by those that you love!!!!!

1 comment:

Lorraine said...

Wonderful projects. I do love how you bring so many ideas from one set. Makes it all worth it. (The wine bottle tag is exceptionally clever!)