Friday, July 13, 2012

Four Ways Friday #94 - Reason To Smile

There are a few weeks left to purchase the Reason To Smile stamp set for $5 with any $50 product purchase!  You can find the details on the top right-hand side of my blog.  I decided to put this set to good use for this week's Four Ways Friday!
I love when a beautiful and simple stamp comes together with ink and card stock to make a wonderfully graphic card!  Here I just stamped the floral line image multiple times - at full and half strength - with Island Indigo ink.  I then added a greeting from Petite Pairs and layered the Very Vanilla stamped layer onto an Island Indigo layer before adding the layers to the Very Vanilla card base.  So quick and easy!
I decided to create my own tape for this card!  I took a piece of kraft tissue paper and stamped it with Staz-On and one of the small flower images from the set.  I then adhered a strip of double sided tape to the tissue paper and cut the edges to match the tape.  I then removed the backing paper from the double sided tape and adhered the tissue paper tape to a Crumb Cake card base.  I added some sewing and a focal flower from Reason To Smile.  The greeting is from Pennant Parade.
A piece of Naturals pattern stack designer paper served as the beginning for this card.  I stamped the designer paper with image from the Reason To Smile stamp set - using a combination of Primrose Petals (at full and half strength) and Early Espresso ink.  I love how you can create beautiful backgrounds by stamping on patterned paper!  A few punched edges, a bit of embossing, and a touch of punched out stamping complete the card :)  The sentiments are from Fabulous Phrases.
 I always enjoy decorating little gift bags and this time around I decided to make the bag too! :)  I started with a long thin piece of designer paper and then machine stitched the stems using white thread.  I then used Stampin' Pastels to color the thread.  Next I sewed up the bottom and edges of the  little back.  I stamped the 2-step stamping large floral image using Summer Starfruit ink and punched the flowers out with the 1 1/2" circle punch.  The flowers were added to the bag with dimensionals and decorated with dazzling details.  The leaves were hand cut and sponged.  I sewed a piece of Pool Party seam binding to act at the bag handle.  The greeting is from Elements of Style.
I hope you've enjoyed this week's Four Ways Friday!!!!  Now is a great time to get ahold of this wonderful stamp set for only $5!!!!  I wish you a wonderfully creative weekend, filled with love and laughter :)

1 comment:

Lorraine said...

These are beautiful - all of them.