Friday, June 29, 2012

Four Ways Friday #92 - Language Of Friendship

For this week's Four Ways Friday I decided to play around with the Language Of Friendship stamp set.  This is a set that I received for free during Sale-a-bration and it is also in the new catalog (I LOVE when that happens!).  It was about time I gave this stamp some ink!
Let's start simple :)  This stamp set coordinates beautifully with the 2-step bird punch.  I began with a Pool Party card base and ran it through the Big Shot with the framed tulips embossing folder.  I stamped the bird and two wings onto Bashful Blue card stock and punched it out with the punch.  The greeting was stamped with the help of the stamp-a-ma-jig and some Always Artichoke seam binding was added.  I love how you can stamp multiple wings and give this bird some flight!
Don't forget that you don't have to stick to card stock for your stamping!  Here I stamped the image onto a piece of First Edition specialty designer series paper and punched it out with the 2-step bird punch.  Next I sponged the pieces with Old Olive and Bashful Blue ink.  I adhered the bird and branch to the watercolor paper mini card (3x3) with glue.  The greeting from Loving Thoughts finishes the card.
One the First Edition specialty designer series paper was out, I couldn't put it away :)  I love this paper!  This stamp set is also a wonderful set for decorating a small gift holder - the images are the perfect size!  I cut a 6x6 square of the paper and curled it into a cone.  The cone was adhered with sticky strip.  Next I attached a trim of Baja Breeze card stock that I ran through the scallop border punch.  Flowers from the stamp set were stamped with black ink onto Pink Pirouette card stock and then punched with the Boho Blossoms punch.  I LOVE that this stamp set coordinates with two different punches!  Of course, if you don't have the punches, you can always hand cut the images - I did that with the bird this time since I added the stamped feet with the help of the stamp-a-ma-jig.  I stamped the sentiment onto Pink Pirouette card stock and then ran it through the Big Shot with the oval shaped designer frames folder.  I then hand cut around the oval.  I added a piece of Victoria crochet trim before adding the other cut pieces to the cone.  Next, with the help of the crop-a-dile, I added some small eyelets to the top sides of the cone and threaded them with wire.  I stuffed the cone with some pink tissue paper and some thin strips of designer series paper that I had crunched and crimped.  Adhesive pearls added a final touch :)  I can't wait to place a small gift in this cone (maybe jewelry or a sweet treat...or maybe seeds for a garden...we'll see!).
I am so crazy about birds that I decided I needed to create a home decor item with this set for my craft room table!  I started with some floral foam in a small terra cotta planter.  I added the Always Artichoke seam binding with a few touches of hot glue so that it wouldn't slide around.  I stamped the flowers using black ink onto Pumpkin Pie, Pink Pirouette and Rose Red card stock.  I then punched them out with the Boho Blossoms punch and began adhering them to toothpicks with glue.  I adhered plain punched Boho Blossoms flowers on the backside of the toothpicks so that the flowers had a bit more dimension.  I added a touch of dazzling diamonds to the flowers and stuck them into the floral foam.  Next I stamped the bird onto two colors of card stock and punched the birds out with the 2-step bird punch.  I then cut up the Basic Grey bird and adhered the head to the Crumb Cake punched bird.  I also used the Basic Grey wing.  All of the bird pieces were sponged with Soft Suede ink.  I also punched a plain piece of Crumb Cake and stamped it with a few of the branch leaves for some decoration - this piece serves as the back side of the bird (which you can't see in the photo).  I then adhered the bird to a wooden skewer (so it would be taller than the toothpick flowers) using a combination of glue and glue dots.  Next, I stamped the sentiment from a retired stamp set (Charming) and created a small flag to glue onto the skewer before placing the bird into the floral foam.  Finally I took a bunch of kraft colored tissue paper and tore it up and began to hot glue it into the pot.  I love how this little guy looks sitting on my craft table :)
I hope you've enjoyed this week's Four Ways Friday and I hope you have found some inspiration to get you creating over the weekend!!!!!  Have a wonderful weekend!!!!!  Thanks for stopping by!!!!!

1 comment:

Lorraine said...

Wow, you really showed the versatility of this stamp set. Your projects are very inspiring.