Friday, June 22, 2012

Four Ways Friday #91 - Betsy's Blossoms

This week's Four Ways Friday was created during my visit with my cousin last week :)  I played with her Betsy's Blossoms stamp set and some of the new In Colors, and here is what I came up with!
I began with some one-layer stamping - just card stock, stamps and ink.  Here I layered the images, one on top of the other.  The flower was stamped using Summer Starfruit at half strength.  The bird was stamped with Primrose Petal and the greeting, from Friendly Phrases, in Gumball Green.
For the second card I did a bit of stamping and layering with punches.  The flower was stamped in Primrose Petal at half strength.  The smaller flower was stamped onto a scrap of Whisper White card stock using the same ink at full strength.  It was then punched out with the 1 1/4" circle punch.  I punched a scallop circle out of Wild Wasabi card stock and layered the punched pieces with dimensionals.  The greeting, from Perfectly Penned, was stamped with Midnight Muse.  Here is a picture of the same card, created by my cousin, using a similar color palette on Crumb Cake card stock:
For the next card I decided to do some simple stamping and cutting.
The flower stem was created by just inking the stem part of the leaf image from the stamp set with a Gumball Green marker.  I then stamped the leaves and the small flower onto a scrap piece of paper and cut them out.  The leaves were adhered with glue and the flower with dimensionals.  Finally, I stamped the sentiment from Delightful Dozen with Midnight Muse.
For this last card, I decided to use the small three-flower stamp to create a background.  I stamped with Crumb Cake ink onto Crumb Cake card stock.  Next I stamped the leaves and cut them out.  The flower was then inked up - first with Bashful Blue ink and then I tapped the Marina Mist ink pad onto the surface of the stamp before stamping the image onto Whisper White card stock.  I love the variegated look this creates!  I punched the flower out using the 2 3/8" scallop circle punch.  The flower and leaves were adhered to the card with a combo of dimensionals and glue.  A piece of taffeta ribbon (retired) was tied around the card (I created a small slit along the edge of the card with my paper snips) and knotted.  I then added the small punched tag with a greeting from Tiny Tags.
I hope you've enjoyed this week's Four Ways Friday!  Wishing you a wonderfully creative weekend!!!!!!

2 comments:

Lorraine said...

These are all so fun and I'm loving the colors. The last one really looks watercolored. Great weekend to you too!

Anonymous said...

Great ideas for this wonderful stamp set. Thanks, as always, for the great inspiration!! --Doris