Thursday, May 24, 2012

Whisper White Happiness Card

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  Try A Different Time Of Day
Have you ever noticed how different your neighborhood looks and feels at different times of the day?  Just a difference of one hour in the morning can determine whether Buddy and I will encounter the whir of activity (cars going by, children in the school playground, workmen banging away at houses) or the peace of silence.  One morning we went for such an early walk that we encountered coyotes - we never see them since they mysteriously disappear as people become more active and the day begins.  It can be fun to play around with timing in your life.  If you are used to awakening at a certain hour, try getting up a little bit earlier and see how different the world appears.  If you have a certain time that you create, what would it be like to try creating at a different time of day?  I know as a kid I always liked Backwards Day at school or camp.  It was a day where everything was backwards - you put your clothes on backwards; you ate lunch food at breakfast and breakfast food at lunch; you went to your classes backwards; you walked backwards.  It really mixed things up and added a different energy to the day.  What if you mixed things up a bit and had a Backwards Day all your own?  Looks like I might be eating pancakes for dinner tonight ;)
Today's card was inspired by the thought that I just wanted to play with the color white.  I began with a Whisper White card base that I ran through the Big Shot with the Framed Tulips embossing folder.  Next, I ran a piece of vellum through the Big Shot with the oval frame from the Designer Frames embossing folders.  I stamped the vellum using Versamark ink and a word from the Loving Thoughts stamp set.  I then heat embossed using white embossing powder.  Next, I knotted a piece of organza ribbon around the card and used small pieces of dimensionals to attach the sentiment to the card.  To cover up the adhesive (since it does show through the vellum), I used the Boho Blossoms punch to punch some vellum and then ran the flowers through the Big Shot with the Elegant Lines embossing folder to give them texture.  I adhered the flowers to the card with glue and added some dazzling details to the centers of the flowers.  This card is so bright and elegant in person!  I hope you like it!

2 comments:

Lorraine said...

This is so pretty and you've inspired me. Someone at work is getting remarried and I wanted to wish her happiness - this will be perfect.

You've also reminded me that stressed spelled backwards is desserts and maybe eating dessert first will help get rid of some of this end-of-school-year stress!

Unknown said...

What a pretty card for a wedding or anniversary. I had to chuckle at your idea of eating pancakes for dinner. It wasn't until I went away to college and had roommates that I learned pancakes was a breakfast food. For our large family, pancakes or waffles was a special Saturday night dinner. ;-)