Friday, May 11, 2012

Four Ways Friday #88 - Four Ways To Say Happy Mother's Day

This week's Four Ways Friday is a bit different than usual.  Instead of using one stamp set to create four different looks, I decided to share four ways you might say Happy Mother's Day to your mom or a special mom in your life :)
This first Mother's Day card began with a Baja Breeze card base.  I then added a piece of Twitterpated paper and did some machine sewing around the edges.  A label was die cut using the Framelits Labels Collection.  The banner was hand cut after stamping a greeting from a retired SU! stamp set.  The flowers were made with a combination of Twitterpated paper and card stock punched with the Boho Blossoms punch and the flower in the Itty Bitty Shapes punch pack.  I did a bit of edge sponging on the flowers and added some adhesive rhinestones.
What mom doesn't want to be queen for a day?!  I began with a Whisper White card base and added a piece of Twitterpated paper with some machine sewing around the edges.  Next I heat embossed the crown from Artistic Etchings on a Whisper White piece of card stock.  I added a layer of Basic Black card stock and popped the piece on the card with dimensionals.  I added some adhesive rhinestones at the top of each point of the crown.  The greeting is from a retired SU stamp set.  It was stamped on Whisper White card stock and layered onto Basic Black.  The piece was added to the card with dimensionals and then a few extra adhesive rhinestones were added.
 I decided to stick with one a simple layout for this third card.  I stamped the Sunflower background stamp onto a corner of the Very Vanilla card layer and then colored it in using a combination of ink with my aqua painter, some acrylic paints with a touch of water and a paint brush, and then some dazzling diamonds with a bit of 2-way glue.  This card really sparkles in person!  The greeting was stamped with Jet Black Staz-On and the whole panel was layered onto a piece of Jet Black card stock before being adhered to the Very Vanilla card base.
I decided to pull out the Pennant Parade stamp set for my last card.  I stamped the different pennants in multiple colors (Melon Mambo, Daffodil Delight, Tempting Turquoise, Pumpkin Pie and Old Olive).  I then punched out the pennants with the pennant punch.  Next I drew a white line on the Crumb Cake card base with a white gel pen and then added the pennants with dimensionals.  You could sew the pennants to the card as well.  I stamped the letters for "mom" with the Calendar Alphabet & Numbers stamp set and then punched the letters out with the circle punch from the Itty Bitty Shapes punch pack.  Next I punched Daffodil Delight card stock with the 1/2" circle punch and layered the smaller circles on top.  I added the circles to the pennants and added a few adhesive rhinestones.  Finally, I stamped the greeting on the bottom of the card.
I hope you've enjoyed this week's Four Ways Friday!!!!  For all of you who are moms, I hope you have a very wonderful mother's day!!!!!!  May you all have a loving, creative and fulfilling weekend!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love all your Mother's Day cards. But my smile grew larger when I saw the Sunflower. So glad I enabled you to get that stamp. I love how you used it!! Hope you have a phenomenal weekend!! Thanks, as always, for sharing your creations. Very inspiring. --Doris

Lorraine said...

These are all beautiful and my mojo seems to be on vacation or something so I will be glad to CASE any one of them. Have a wonderful weekend. Hope you're feeling better!