Monday, April 02, 2012

Papercrafter's Library April Design Team Projects - Part 1

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  Sometimes You Need To Be Reminded
I went for my morning walk with Buddy the other day and when a woman passed us jogging, she said, "Good morning!  Bless you!"  It immediately put a smile on my face since it served as a reminder that I truly am blessed.  The reminders didn't stop there.  Buddy and I turned the corner and came upon a man who was holding his little dog in his arms.  The man smiled at us and said, "This is the life, isn't it?!"  Yes!  It definitely is!  To be able to walk my dog on a gorgeous morning and appreciate the crisp air and the huge blue sky.  To be able to use my two legs to walk unencumbered.  To be able to breathe freely and notice the buds on the branches and the early Spring flowers.  Yes, sometimes you need to be reminded how blessed you truly are.  This is your reminder :)
Today I am sharing my first April Design Team project that I created for Papercrafter's Library!  (Can you believe it's already April?!).  I was asked to play around with the Attic Boutique suite in the Occasions Mini catalog to create my April projects.  It's funny...I don't think I would have intuitively chosen that selection of products to purchase (I'm not sure why - they just didn't initially trigger my creative juices).  But since I was asked to create using the Suite, I decided to dive right in!  I was surprised to find that I actually grew to love the products I worked with!  The Attic Boutique paper, the Side Notes, the Rue De Fleur stamp set...I am loving them all right now :)  Funny how that can happen with a touch of creativity :)  Here I upcycled a CD to create this Home Sweet Home door hanging.  I punched through the CD with my crop-a-dile to add a whole bunch of ribbon.  The large paper doily is also the perfect size for a CD!  Who knew?!  I have a feeling I'm going to be making quite a few upcycled CD projects in the near future ;)  I hope you like it!

1 comment:

Lorraine said...

Funny how things grow on us - especially pretty things. And didn't you come up with a sweet project!