Thursday, April 26, 2012

On Your Birthday Tag Card

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  50 Minutes Can Take You To Places You've Never Been
We took a drive today to visit one of Michael's friends.  I had never been to this friend's home and Michael encouraged me to join him since he knew I would enjoy the ride and the destination.  He was right!  We drove past Boulder, Colorado and then continued heading into the mountains.  His friend lives in a beautiful canyon area - so peaceful.  We grabbed sandwiches at a grocery store on the way up and once there we sat outside and watched the clouds go by.  We were visited by chipmunks and ground squirrels as well as a variety of birds - stellar jays, woodpeckers, chickadees.  Even a few lizards crept by on the rocks.  It is amazing that just 50 minutes away from our home we could be sitting outside in a place that felt like it was a million miles away - so quiet - so peaceful - so "away."  Where could 50 minutes take you?
For today's card I decided to create a little pocket on the front of the card with my sewing machine.  I had cut the card base with one edge a bit longer than usual so that I could fold it up and sew it down (after running different parts of the front of the card through the Big Shot with a few different embossing folders).  I cut out the tag and then added the greeting from On Your Birthday.  The stars are from Every Little Bit and were filled with 2-way glue and sprinkled with dazzling diamonds.  I used my star punches to create the star embellishment on the cover.  I love these bright colors - I'm really going to miss Pear Pizzazz - it's become a big favorite!  I hope you like it!!!!

1 comment:

Lorraine said...

What a great way to add interest to that pocket with those embossing folders. Love the colors and I too am sad to see Pear Pizzazz on it's way out. I'd forgotten about the colors to be retired. Better check what I need to replenish.