Tuesday, April 17, 2012

On Your Birthday & DSP Birthday Card

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  Say It Simply
When it comes to making cards I often feel like I'm supposed to do something spectacular or complicated.  Somehow I've developed a thought deep in some recess of my mind that tries to tell me that simple is not enough.  As I think about things that impact me in life though, it seems that simple works.  Whether it is saying something simply or building something simple or even focusing on the simple pleasures in life - simple is definitely worth noticing!  I also find myself gravitating back to simple time and time again in my card making.  So for today, and likely for many more days to come, here is simple...
I cut a few strips of In Color designer paper and cut the ends to look like banners.  I adhered them to a rectangle of Island Indigo card stock and then added a few buttons with glue dots.  The greeting from On Your Birthday (a set that will be retiring soon) was stamped and then punched out with the decorative label punch.  The greeting was then popped up on dimensionals and the whole panel was then placed, with dimensionals, onto a Daffodil Delight card base.  It is simple...and says it all :)

No comments: