Thursday, March 08, 2012

March Blossom Punch PCL Design Team Projects - Part 2

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  You must learn to be still in the midst of activity and to be vibrantly alive in repose.  - Indira Gandhi
I thought I would share another quote with you today :)  I have mentioned before that I travel quite a bit for work and at times, being around all of that activity - in hotels, airports, planes, meeting rooms...can, well, make me a bit nuts!  So I continue to try to learn how to be still in the midst of all of that activity - how to quiet my body and mind - which usually involves finding a quiet place to sit down - sometimes even on the floor in a hallway in the airport; or maybe deciding to buy groceries so that I don't have to leave my hotel room in the evenings.  On the plane it usually involves putting on my noise-cancelling headphones and listening to music that centers me - a favorite is Native American flute music by R. Carlos Nakai - so soothing.  I feel like I do a better job of being vibrantly alive in repose :)  Yesterday morning was a perfect example.  I went into the bathroom to brush my teeth and start my day and Willow, our beautiful cat, followed me into the bathroom (why is it that the animals like to follow me into the bathroom?!).  Anyway, she meowed at me so, while brushing my teeth, I sat down on the floor and she proceeding to climb into my lap and curl up into a little ball to be petted :)  And so we sat there, Willow and I, in the middle of the bathroom floor.  I with a toothbrush sticking out of a my mouth.  Her with her eyes closed.  And I pet her...for quite some time.  And during that time I was vibrantly alive - so connected to her - feeling the love and trust flowing between us - the comfort and peace.  Hmmm...I wonder if Willow can come with me on my next trip...although I think she would have issues trying to be still in the midst of all of that activity :)
Today I want to share with you the final two projects I created this month as a Design Team member for Paper Crafter's Library!  I decided to make my first-ever wreath using the Blossom Punch and the beautiful Everyday Enchantment designer series paper, brads and ribbon from Sale-a-Bration!  I covered the styrofoam wreath with strips of unbleached muslin and then attached muslin and ribbon bows and the flowers to the wreath using hot glue.  You can't really see it in the photo, but I lined the back edges of the wreath with Pear Pizzazz pleated satin ribbon.  This wreath is proudly hanging in our home :)
I decided to do a little upcycling for my second project :)  For some reason a pair of old, ripped jeans caught my eye in my fabric box and I decided the pockets would make a perfect holder for a mini book :)  I used the images from the Mixed Bunch stamp set and heat embossed on the fabric with ink and clear embossing powder.  The book was put together with a bamboo skewer binding.  Here is a picture of the inside pages before they were bound into the book:
It's hard to believe that I only have one more month as a Design Team member for Paper Crafter's Library - the time has flown by!  (A hint for next month's projects...I'm using the Attic Boutique Suite from the Occasions Mini Catalog :)  I am happy to report that they have asked me to remain on their team longer term as a Designer/Educator!  I immediately accepted and will continue to make exclusive videos that will be available to Paper Crafter's Library members!  To learn more about Paper Crafter's Library and to view their free blog, click HERE!

No comments: