Thursday, March 15, 2012

Furry Folk Happiness Card

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  Find Your Haven
It was gorgeous out today (I'm writing this on Wednesday) and I decided to take some time to sit outdoors in the backyard on a lounge chair and read a bit of a book.  It was perfect!  The birds flying right over me to get to the bird feeder that was in the tree behind me.  The branches moving in the breeze.  It was a haven for me in the midst of my day - a place of safety - a refuge.  Today's card represents finding my haven - being with those I love in nature - whether that be in the backyard or on a mountaintop.  I used the Furry Folk stamp set (so cute!) and did some stamping and a bit of heat embossing...and a bunch of cutting :)  I also heat embossed a small rectangle using the Woodgrain background stamp and Soft Suede with VersaMark ink.  The greeting is from Loving Thoughts.  Where is your haven?  You may have more than one...just like my cat Willow :)  She likes the back of the couch, the top of her scratching post....or, as you can see in this photo, the recycle box that lives under my desk :)

No comments: