Friday, March 30, 2012

Four Ways Friday #84: Decorative Label Punch

F'or this week's Four Ways Friday I decided to play with the Decorative Label Punch!  This punch is one of my all-time favorites and it was fun to discover a few new ways to use it!  Enjoy!
I began with a traditional use for the punch.  I stamped images from Rue Des Fleur and Established Elegance onto Baja Breeze card stock using VersaMark and then heat embossed with vanilla scented embossing powder (yum!).  I then punched it out using the decorative label punch.  I also punched another label out of Naturals Ivory card stock and used it to create a layer underneath the first punch (you can see how I did this in the video below).  I used VersaMark, Crumb Cake ink and vanilla scented embossing powder to stamp the Young Vermilion bird and then cut him out.  I punched a bunch of Crumb Cake 1" circles and glued them to the Crumb Cake card base.  Next I tied a piece of Baja Breeze seam binding around the card and added the stamped pieces using dimensionals.
You can use your decorative label punch to create great brackets for your cards and scrapbook pages!  Here is a video to show you how I created the brackets with the punch!

Spring is definitely in the air here in Denver, so I decided I had to make a card with flowers!  For this card I punched out a decorative label from Pool Party card stock.  Next I cut it in half and then ran the half through the Big Shot with the Elegant Lines embossing folder.  I stamped the sentiment from Teeny Tiny Wishes onto the Whisper White card base and then added the "vase" with dimensionals.  Next I punched a bunch of branches/leaves using my 2-step bird punch and adhered them to the card using glue.  Finally, I punched some Melon Mambo flowers using my Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack and adhered them to the card with glue.  Adhesive pearls were added for the flower centers.
My final card was inspired by this card by fellow SU! demonstrator Lisa Young (thanks Lisa!).  I made quite a few modifications, but the idea to use the decorative label punch to make little train cars was put in my head after seeing her card!  I punched the labels from designer series paper and then cut them down to train car size :)  I added 1/2" circles with brads as the wheels.  The animals are all from Furry Folk.  It's hard to believe that Sale-a-Bration ends tomorrow!  If you haven't gotten ahold of the Outlined Occasions stamp set (the set I used for the sentiments on this card), now is your last chance!  You can get this set for free through March 31st with a $50 product purchase.  Click HERE to shop now!
I hope you've enjoyed this week's Four Ways Friday!!!!  I hope these ideas inspire you to play around with your Decorative Label punch to see what you can come up with!!!!  Wishing you a wonderfully creative and peaceful weekend!!!!

No comments: