Friday, March 16, 2012

Four Ways Friday #83 - Paper Doily Large Sizzlit

For this week's Four Ways Friday I decided to play around with the Paper Doily Large Sizzlits Die.  I hope you enjoy these ideas!
The paper doily adds a beautiful layer to cards!  Here I die cut Naturals Ivory card stock and then adhered it to the Whisper White card base with glue.  Here I layered a 2 1/2" circle punch, a framelits Labels collection die cut and a smaller circle punch on top of the doily.  All the layers were adhered with dimensionals.  The sentiment is from the Petite Pairs stamp set and the floral images and outline are from the Apothecary Art stamp set.  A piece of ruffled Wisteria Wonder ribbon finishes the card.
The paper doily makes a great stencil for sponging too!  Here I used the doily as a stencil to sponge on a Whisper White piece of card stock.  I sponged using a variety of greens and blues (Old Olive, Not Quite Navy...and a few others :)  Next I cut out the sponged image and adhered it to the Very Vanilla card base with glue.  Of course, I had to incorporate the stencil - it looked so pretty with all that color!  So, I cut out the center of the doily (hard to see in the photo) and added the sponged stencil as a layer with glue.  I then took the center that I had cut out and turned it over and painted it with champagne shimmer paint!  once it had dried, I added it to the card with dimensionals (cut into tiny pieces).  For the center I punched some of the waste from all the sponging I had done with the Boho Blossoms punch.  I then used my paper snips to cut in between some of the petals so that I could add some dimension to the flower before gluing the three flowers together.  I added an ice rhinestone brad to the center and ended by stamping the greeting from Teeny Tiny Wishes and creating a little banner that was adhered with glue.
Once I started sponging, I couldn't stop!  But you don't have to just sponge with regular ink!  Here I used the doily as a stencil and sponged with VersaMark and then applied different colored Stampin' Pastels using cotton swabs!  I then stamped and punched out some of the images from the Mixed Bunch stamp set.  The image on the left is from the Fresh Vintage Sale-a-bration stamp set.  The greeting is from Petite Pairs.  I mounted the entire panel onto a Lucky Limeade card base and added an adhesive rhinestone to the center of the flower.
Since my stencil was now entirely covered with VersMark ink, I decided it needed some Stampin' Pastels too :)  So, I added a variety of colors and then cut out the central part of the stencil.  I adhered it to a punched 2 1/2" circle of Pacific Point card stock with dimensionals and then added the greeting from Petite Pairs.  The finished card size is 3x3.
I hope you've enjoyed these four cards using the Paper Doily sizzlits die!  The ideas for this die are endless - you can die cut it, use it to embellish an altered CD, create beautiful place settings (I am imagining one of these doilies underneath a cupcake on a small plate)!  Let your imagination run wild!!!!  I hope you have a wonderful and creative weekend!  Happy St. Patrick's Day to all those who are celebrating the holiday!!!!  May you find the gold at the end of the rainbow every time you look for it!!!!! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ack!! I've been trying, so hard, to avoid this sizzlit. Your samples are stinkin' cute, and very creative (as usual). I may have to break down and get the doily sizzlit before the Occasions Mini expires. Thanks, Michelle. Thanks a lot. XOXO --Doris

Salmi said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.