Friday, March 09, 2012

Four Ways Friday #82 - Established Elegance

This week's Four Ways Friday shows you four ways to put your Established Elegance stamp set to use!  This is one of those stamp sets that can really create gorgeous cards with just simple stamping...or you can jazz things up with a few simple additions.
I know the saying is "save the best for last," but this turned out to be my favorite card and I'm too excited to share it with you!  I stamped the dress form from Established Elegance using Island Indigo onto a Whisper White card base.  The sentiment was then stamped, with the help of the stamp-a-ma-jig, in Lucky Limeade.  Next came the Twitterpated designer fabric (love, love, love it!!!!).  I cut and tore very small strips of the fabric and then adhered them to the card using fabric glue.  I created about 3 layers of fabric strips to give the skirt some dimension.  I used adhesive pearls to form the waist of the skirt.  I will definitely be making a set of these cards and playing dress up with different types of fabric and ribbon! :)
If you don't have fabric or ribbon, don't worry!  This stamp set holds its own with just simple ink and card stock!  I love how you can layer the images in this set to create depth.  Here I combined the two stamps that I used on the first card with one more of the images in the set.  All were stamped onto Naturals Ivory card stock using Early Espresso ink.  I am going to stamp up a bunch of these - they will make a wonderful note card gift set!  (I can already see the cards in a box tied with Chantilly or Victoria crochet trim!).
I always enjoy when a stamp set comes with an image or two that can be stamped multiple times to create a border!  This floral image from Established Elegance is a perfect example!  With the help of my stamp-a-ma-jig, I repeatedly stamped the image using More Mustard ink on Confetti card stock.  I start by stamped the center image first and then work out to the right side and then the left side - just so my stamping is relatively centered.  The sentiment is from Loving Thoughts and was stamped using Cherry Cobbler ink.  The final touch was a piece of crochet thread tied through a Bitty Button.
Of course, you can always stamp and create layers using the gorgeous images in this stamp set.  I love the old fashioned typewriter in this set!  It makes a great focal image!  Here I stamped the image onto Crumb Cake card stock with Early Espresso ink.  I distressed the edges with my fingernail (very high tech! :).  I then spritzed this piece with the color spritzer tool and my Early Espresso marker.  The card base began as a piece of Lucky Limeade card stock and I cut back the front of the card and adhered a strip of In Color patterns stack designer paper using glue.  I then stamped the solid portion of the card front using the Rough Type (retired) stamp set and Lucky Limeade ink and spritzed the card front with Early Espresso ink as well.  Next I used the scallop edge punch to punch a few strips of First Edition specialty designer series paper.  I then layered them - a little askew from one another - and adhered them together and to the back of the typewriter using glue.  A piece of linen thread was wound around the piece and knotted and a little vintage trinket pin was added.  The sentiment from Loving Thoughts was stamped onto Very Vanilla card stock using Early Espresso ink.  I then used the Decorative Label punch to punch out the greeting....I punched it out and then threaded it through the punch again to create this unique label shape.  A few Vintage Trinkets brads were added to the tag before I adhered it to the card using dimensionals.  The whole panel was then attached to the card with dimensionals.
I hope you've enjoyed this week's Four Ways Friday!  I had a lot of fun with this stamp set and I hope these ideas inspire you to use this, or any set that you have, in fun new ways!!!!  Wishing you a wonderful and creative weekend!!!!

1 comment:

TiaraHelen said...

Hi Michelle
I love your blog. Such a good mix of thoughtful thoughts and brilliant projects. I have spent ages looking through it today and yesterday and you have so many good ideas. I don't do "following", but will be definitely be subscribing to your blog so as not to miss any new stuff!
Helen
tiarahelen.blogspot.com