Monday, March 05, 2012

Altered Altoid Tin

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  Breathe In The Fresh Air!!!!
Yesterday I was able to open the window in the craft room and let the fresh air in!  It was just over 60 degrees here in Denver and I definitely had Spring fever!!!!!  It's funny how people start to come out of the woodwork when the weather starts to warm up.  We took a walk in the afternoon and there were kids in the park, families riding bicycles, runners taking an afternoon jog - it's as if the neighborhood came awake after a long winter's nap :)  We even noticed that the daffodils and some other early flowers are starting to begin their ascent from the winter soil.  Yes, Spring is letting us know she is on her way.  It is definitely time to breathe in the fresh air!!!!!
I wanted to send a little gift to a friend and I decided it would fit perfectly into a Altoid tin.  I have collected these tins from various places over the years and had never altered one...and I am so glad I did - it was sooooo simple!  I took the Everyday Enchantment designer series paper from Sale-a-bration and outlined the top and bottom of the Altoid tin on the paper (I traced around the outside of the tin on the side of the paper that I did not want showing - just in case some of the pen marks weren't cut perfectly).  I then cut out the two pieces of paper and adhered them to the top and bottom of the tin using glue.  Next came the ruffled Wisteria Wonder ribbon - adhered with a bit of sticky strip.  I cut the prongs off of a rhinestone brad and adhered it to the ribbon using a glue dot.  Next I got out the Framelits Labels collection and the Apothecary Art stamp set and did a bit of stamping and die cutting.  Here is a view from the top of the tin so that you can see things more clearly:
I do have a confession to make - I never intended to incorporate the Wisteria Wonder color into this tin, but the 3/8" ribbon fit perfectly, so I went with it!  Now I'm so glad I did!  I really love how all the colors work together - definitely not a combination I would have thought of in advance!  For a touch of sparkle I added a bit of dazzling details on the flowers in the stamped image.  I hope you like it...I will definitely be doing some more tin altering in the near future!!!!!  (Oh...and I made a mini card to match :)  I am also excited to let you know that I will be sharing my second set of projects as a Paper Crafter's Library Design Team Member this week!  I had a lot of fun with my Blossom Punch!!!! :)

No comments: