Tuesday, February 07, 2012

Valentine's Chocolate Bar Belly Band & Video!!!!

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  Maybe Your Dream Is Telling You You Are Finding Your Voice
The other night I woke up screaming...literally.  I woke both Michael and myself up when I screamed very loudly, "Help Me!!!!"  I remember the dream vividly - 2 men breaking into the house, my asking my mom to go downstairs and get the gun, shooting the men and running out of the house, grabbing the dog and trying to scream to the people down the street - they were so far away and I was trying to yell, "help me," but my voice just wouldn't come out of my throat....until it finally did - at the top of my lungs - and it woke us up.  As you can imagine - I had a hard time falling back to sleep - I was afraid to - afraid of my dream.  I was scared the dream was telling me that I needed help - that I was in danger.  Then I thought about it some more.  I have had dreams like this in the past...but have never been able to shout in my dream, let alone wake myself up shouting.  I realized that in this dream I actually found my voice - I had the ability to call out and use my voice to express myself.  And that led to a smile.  Maybe this dream isn't telling me I need help at all.  Maybe what it's really telling me is that I am finding my voice.
Today's project is a perfect way to dress up your chocolate bars for Valentine's Day!  Here is a video to show you how I made this fun belly band!  Enjoy!!!!

No comments: