Thursday, February 23, 2012

Bring On The Cake Birthday Card

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  Push Reset
After a power outage in the house everything electronic seems to be blinking at me!  The clock on the microwave, the lights on the cable box - you name it, it's blinking.  So you either have to power off the item and then turn it back on or press that nifty little reset button.  What causes the power outages?  It could be a sudden surge of energy or a lightening strike.  It could be some faulty wiring or an accident somewhere on the power grid.  Whatever the cause, sometimes you just need to push reset.  The same is true with us.  I had a huge power surge over the past few days, creating until my fingers and brain were sore.  So I've taken some time to power down and push my reset button - putting on soothing music in the craft room and methodically cleaning up the huge pile of mess that I had created during my power surge!  That seems to be how I push my reset button - clear my space so that it is neat again; maybe a walk outside; or looking out the window to watch the birds and squirrels.  Your reset button may be a little different than mine.  When was the last time you pushed it?
Today's card is a great one for a guy's birthday!  I always love coming up with a "man card" that I like :)  I began with a Neutrals Ivory card base and spritzed it with Early Espresso ink.  Next I rolled the card with the awning builder wheel and Early Espresso ink.  The hand and greeting were stamped onto Crumb Cake card stock with Early Espresso ink and both were cut out.  A die cut (Circles #2 die) circle of Old Olive card stock serves as the backdrop for the cut out pieces.  A vintage trinket was added to the hand as a cuff link :)  I hope you like it!

No comments: