Monday, January 09, 2012

Love & Tulle Mini Card

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  Oh How I Love Windows!
Michael decided he needed to make some changes in his office to better accommodate his working style.  What this usually means is that I too begin to examine how I have my home office set up and I get the itch to move things around too!  I have to admit that I have avoided my home office a lot.  It just felt cramped and cluttered (not to mention a bit of a mess).  But the motivation I needed to make a change came in the form of Michael deciding to mix things up in his space.  As a result, I took out 2 pieces of furniture in my office, moved things around, and brought in another desk surface that Michael was moving out of his office.  Now I find myself in a space that I love and it's not even cleaned up yet!!!!!  The biggest difference is that instead of working on my computer on a desk with a big hutch, I have moved my computer down to the desktop that is now in front of my corner windows.  Ahhhhhhhh - what a difference a change makes!!!!!!  I love the light that comes in the windows and I love being able to look out the windows as I gather my thoughts.  I just took this photo of my desk space as I am writing this post...sorry about the lighting - the sun has already gone down here so the colors are a bit "off"...but hopefully you'll see what I'm loving about my new space!
Today's card is simple 3x3 card - perfect for a Valentine's Day gift :)  I cut a small strip of tulle and wrapped it and knotted it on the front of the card.  I cut the ends so that it looks like a bow.  Next I stamped the tag from Tiny Tags and punched it out using the jewelry tag punch.  I then pierced a small hole in the tag and attached it to the tulle knot using crochet thread.  I added a small piece of a dimensional to the back of the tag so that I could keep the tag in place.  Finally I punched a small hear using the Heart to Heart punch.  I hope you like it!

No comments: