Thursday, January 12, 2012

Here's Looking At You Kid! Owl Card

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  Help Spark Someone's Creativity!!!!!
One of my friends was sharing with me that she was out of touch with her creative side.  She and her husband are struggling a bit financially right now and she has also been dealing with some chronic pain in her hips and back.  It seemed to me like the perfect time to try to help spark her creativity since I know, first-hand, how therapeutic creativity can be!  So I decided to put together a basket of creativity for her!  I kept walking around my craft room pulling things off shelves and out of drawers and placing things into small plastic bags or directly into this recycled basket!  It was fun putting the mix of card stock, canvas, fibers, bottle caps, lace, fabric, ribbon, punched shapes, beads, rhinestones, etc together!!!!  It even inspired my own creativity in the process!!!!!  Here's the basket:
 Michael delivered the basket for me and I immediately received a text from my friend saying, "WOW!  You are a beautiful gift to me.  Thank you ever so for this thoughtful and lovely surprise.  I'm gonna have so much fun!  Xoxo...love and kisses."  Sounds to me like she has been sparked!!!!! :)  How can you help spark someone's creativity????  And don't forget...that someone could be you :)
Today's card was inspired by Humphrey Bogart's character Rick in the movie Casablanca :)  I'm not sure why this quote popped into my head, but it did, and it needed a card :)  I stamped the quote onto a small 3x3 card using the Calendar Alphabet & Numbers stamp set.  I paper pieced the exclamation point.  I punched the owl using the 2-step owl punch from Chocolate Chip card stock and the decided he needed some wings.  I punched a small oval and then cut the edges to use as the wings.  The body was adhered to the card with dimensionals and the wings were then adhered beneath it with glue.  The nose was cut from a scrap of Pumpkin Pie card stock.  Finally, I punched the heart from a scrap of designer series paper and then adhered it to the owl and covered it with Crystal Effects.  What quote can inspire you to make a card????  I would love to hear your quotes :)

No comments: