Friday, January 13, 2012

Four Ways Friday #75 - Petite Pennants Builder Punch (& Video!!!!)

Welcome to Four Ways Friday (and happy Friday the 13th)!  Today I'd like to share four ways to use your Petite Pennants Builder Punch!
Let's start simple!  The plain triangle makes a perfect flag/banner!  Here I punched a piece of Real Red card stock for the flag.  I stamped a "1" using Calendar Alphabet & Numbers and punched it out and popped it up on the flag.  I adhered a piece of Garden Green card stock to the Whisper White card base and then added a small punched oval of Crumb Cake card stock with glue.  The greeting from On Your Birthday was stamped with the stamp-a-ma-jig and Jet Black Staz-On.  I then cut a thin strip of Early Espresso card stock and adhered it to the card with glue.  The flag was then adhered to the end of the strip with glue.  Finally, I punched a small circle from Whisper White card stock and used my embossing tool to press into the circle so that it would become "raised."  I then used a very small piece of a dimensional to adhere it to the card.  So simple!
Why stop at one triangle when you can use many?! :)  Here I punched a bunch of plain triangles from Cajun Craze card stock.  I then glued them down, one by one, onto a Crumb Cake card base.  I trimmed the excess from the ends once the glue had dried.  Next I took the (SNEAK PEEK) Sale-a-bration Everyday Enchantment Lucky Limeade organdy ribbon and wrapped it twice around the card and knotted it.  I then cut out one of the doilies from the Flirtatious specialty designer series paper and adhered it to the card with glue.  I then stamped the tag from Tagtastic using Chocolate Chip ink onto Very Vanilla card stock.  I punched out the tag using the decorative label punch, sponged the edges with Chocolate Chip ink and then spritzed the card and the tag with the spritzer tool and a Chocolate Chip marker.  I added a (SNEAK PEEK) Sale-a-bration Everyday Enchantment brad using my piercing tool and then adhered the tag to the card with dimensionals.
Stegosaurus!!!!!!!  I'm laughing even as I am typing this!  How did I come up with this one?  Well, I had punched a bunch of the triangles out and had started playing with curling them and gluing them together and somehow those glued pieces looked like the scales/spines on a stegosaurus!  (are they even called scales/spines?)  I cut one of the scalloped triangles in half and glued the halves together for the head.  I added a googley eye (you can use punched circles just as easily).  The card body was made with the Clear Circle die.  I cut a piece of Basic Grey card stock and folded it in half and the made sure to line up the card stock just inside the outline of the circle die so that the top of the card would remain intact.  I then cut off the bottom of the circle.  Next I used the oval punch to cut the legs.  I then ran the card and the legs through the Big Shot with the Distressed texturz plate (it is a bit hard to see the texture in the photo).  I then punched out eight of the plain triangles.  I cut three of them in half to make the straight spines and I curled and glued five of them to make the curled spines.  I found that the curled spines stayed together much better when I glued them with Crystal Effects!  I then sponged all of the pieces with Basic Black ink and adhered them to the card with Crystal Effects.  Finally, the greeting from Just Believe was stamped and torn out of Whisper White card stock and adhered to the card with dimensionals.  I hope this one makes you smile :)  And, if it didn't, maybe this last one will!!!!! :)
Making creative punch art from punches is always a ton of fun!  I played with the scalloped triangle shapes and came up with this poodle!  Here is a video to show you how you can make one!

I hope you've enjoyed this week's Four Ways Friday!  I hope these projects inspire you to look at your Petite Pennants Builder punch in a new way!!!!!  Wishing you a wonderfully peaceful and creative weekend!!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, Michelle! You had me laughing, along with you, at your Stegosaurus! You have such a creative mind!! But the poodle...what a special little card that is. Thanks for the great video. If Toby, Tucker and Teesha were your Muses...well, they are honoured, indeed. XO --Doris

Lorraine said...

Another great and creative installment! You give a whole new meaning to "getting a little punchy" with this - lol.