Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Distressed Faux Leather Flower & Video!!!!

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  What is this life if, full of care, We have no time to stand and stare.  -- from "Leisure," by W.H. Davies
For today's lesson from the craft room, I'd like to offer you an article.  It is an article that was written in The Washington Post back in 2007.  I just learned about it...and it has moved me deeply.  It will take you a bit to read, but I promise, if you do, you will be hard pressed to move forward with your day without being impacted in some way.  If you choose to read the article, you can find it here.  I would love to hear your thoughts...
Today I want to share with you how to make these flowers.  In person they have a very leather-like quality to them!  On this card I paired the flower with the greeting from Curly Cute and some hand-cut leaves.  On the original flower on the card I used Soft Suede ink and did not use my paper crimper to soften up the card stock.  In the video I used Chocolate Chip ink and the paper crimper.  I like both looks and will leave it up to you to decide which look you like :)  I hope you enjoy the video!  Don't forget, SALE-A-BRATION starts today and runs through March 31st!!!!!  Get free products for every $50 in merchandise you purchase!!!!!  Click HERE to shop or to view the sale-a-bration brochure!!!!! :)

1 comment:

Lorraine said...

What is sad is surely the thought that when there is an accident or commotion of a negative sort you get a crowd gathering or rubbernecking. When there is one person, and I say that because flash mobs engage a lot more attention, we are unwilling to stop and give our full attention. We have heard "take time to smell the roses" but those words are only words unless we take time to teach by example. I see so many children whose lives are so full and busy that don't appreciate the beauty around them. And maybe that's a stage that they go through. I know that as a mother with very young children I would point out a pretty flower, a butterfly, a sunset. But as the children got older and their lives got filled with more activities, as did mine, those things were spoken about less often. There was always somewhere else to be rather than "enjoying the moment". It is only now, as my daughter who turns 29 today is realizing that she should maybe "stand and look out the window like her mother does" so she can enjoy all of what life has to offer. There's a peace to be found there in that beauty if we just let our senses experience it. And in your/our case, that peace can transcend into more creativity. I could go on but I will stop here, however, not before saying that this flower is very beautiful. I will have to give that a try.