Monday, December 26, 2011

Painted Martini Glasses

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  Play Like A Child!!!!!
This weekend we had a ton of fun in the kitchen turned craft room!  Michael and I set up a table in the center of the kitchen...
and we played like children!!!!!  I had recently purchased some new paints - glass paint and porcelain paint that you can use in your home.  You can paint glass and ceramic/porcelain objects and then, once they are dry, bake them in your own oven!  We had no idea what we were doing, but we dove in with enthusiasm!!!!  We began with the glasses pictured above - a gift for a friend's birthday.  Michael painted two and I painted two and boy did we experiment!  We dripped and drew and sponged and spattered!  Yes, the internal critic showed up along the way, but we told him to shut up and just kept going :)  After all, if we are playing like children, why would we listen to any "adult voices?!"  I highly recommend some time to play like a child - draw outside the lines, make a mess, break the rules!!!!!  It feels amazingly free! :)
I also want to use this post to say a very special thank you to Doris for your wonderful comment this weekend!  You put a huge smile on my face and warmth in my heart!!!!  Thank you for that!!!!  Also, I absolutely know where you can get your hands on some sequin waste (also called punchinella) ;)  I know someone who would LOVE to send you some if you would be willing to provide a mailing address :)  Feel free to email me at m@figmentsofmyimagination.com so you can keep your email private (although I guess I just made mine incredibly public :)  It truly would be my pleasure!!!

No comments: