Thursday, December 15, 2011

Framed Transparency Very Veggie Card


Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  Never Say Never!!!!
I am still in a bit of disbelief as I write this!  Today I was sitting in Michael's office - on Buddy's bed (Buddy has beds all over the house...totally spoiled :)  Anyway, I was sitting there talking to Michael and Buddy came in and plopped down on his bed.  Then Willow came sauntering into the room and she seemed to want some attention.  So I patted Buddy's bed - the part right beside me...and...she actually got on his bed...with him there!!!!!!  Now this may not seem miraculous to you, but these two house-sharers have never done this!!!!  When we got Buddy we already had Willow and it took her awhile to accept that he was now in HER house!  He learned very quickly that if they both ended up on the stairs at the same time he would be smart to look the other way as she passed so as to appear invisible to her! :)  Over time they seemed to warm up a little to one another (it's been over 6 years) - to a point where they could now pass each other in a hallway and steal a glance or a sniff.  But today was a day I never thought I would see!  Wanna see?
Pretty amazing, huh?! :)  Today I learned to never say never :)
Today's card is a continuation of my transparency/window sheet journey.  I have really been enjoying combining ink, paint and transparencies.  I started out with a piece of transparency and stamped the artichoke from the Very Veggie (retired) stamp set using Staz-On ink.  I then turned it over and painted the back with acrylic paints.  Next I cut a "mat" out of Bravo Burgundy card stock and ran it through the Big Shot with the Vintage Wallpaper embossing folder.  I then added a bit of champagne shimmer mist paint on the "mat" with my finger.  The transparency was then glued to the back of the mat using glue.  The Crumb Cake card base was stamped with a few words from Fabulous Phrases as well as a leaf image from Very Veggie using Early Espresso ink at half strength.  The framed artichoke was then mounted onto the card with dimensionals (I was careful to not stamp behind the artichoke on the card, but am now thinking that could have looked really interesting as well).  Finally, I added a vintage mother of pearl button with a glue dot.  I hope you like it!
Check out the Clearance Rack Blitz beginning today!!!!  Shop HERE now!

No comments: