Friday, December 23, 2011

Four Ways Friday #73 - Satin Ribbon

For this week's Four Ways Friday I want to show you four ways to use your 5/8" satin ribbon!
I LOVE using satin ribbon to make ribbon roses!  Here I used some Old Olive satin ribbon and a hot glue gun to roll this rose.  I may try to make a video to show you how I made the rose - it is still an imperfect science for me and every rose comes out different!  The petals are from Awash With Flowers.  I stamped them with Wild Wasabi ink and cut them out and adhered them to the stamped, sprayed, stenciled and embossed tag :)  The "U" was die cut from chipboard using the Big Shot and the Serif Essentials die.  The "just for" is from a stamp in the Just Believe stamp set.
Roses aren't the only flowers you can make with your satin ribbon!  I found a few really good tutorials on YouTube for how to make gathered flowers.  You can see them HERE and HERE.  To make my flowers I used Whisper White satin ribbon and then sprayed them with various colors of ink mixed with water in small spray bottles!  I love that you can use the Whisper White ribbon to create flowers of any color!  Very economical!  I added brads and buttons for the centers.  Can't wait to use these on a project!
Your ribbon makes gorgeous flowers and it can also be used as a hangar for ornaments!  I created this ornament as a 42nd anniversary gift for some friends.  The ribbon is sandwiched in between pieces of embossed chipboard.  I ran the chipboard through the Big Shot with the Vintage Wallpaper embossing folder.  I then sponged some champagne shimmer mist paint over the chipboard.  Prior to adhering the pieces of chipboard together I hot glued pieces of waffle paper to the back of the chipboard pieces to create the "fringe."  A touch of glass glitter, a vintage brad, some ribbon roses and a bit of stamping with gold heat-embossing finishes the look!  Here are a few close ups so you can see the details more clearly:
Your ribbon can also be used with fabric to create a quick and easy bulletin board!!!!  Here is a picture of the bulletin board I created, along with a video to show you how to make one!

Here is a picture of the back of the board (oops!  I forgot to show that in the video!).  I just cut a piece of 11" x 11" chipboard and hot glued it onto the back of the bulletin board.  Then I added a cloth picture hangar.
I hope you've enjoyed this week's Four Ways Friday!!!!  Wishing you and your loved ones a wonderful holiday season!!!!  May you have a peaceful and love-filled weekend!!!!!  Let me leave you with a picture of what I woke up to Thursday morning :)  It was a day filled with shoveling :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Michelle, thank your for the wonderful inspiration you share on your blog. Dropping by for a visit is a highlight of my day, as I always learn something new. Your creations are delightful; you're a true artist.

I must get me some sequin waste (never knew what it was called...thanks for naming it); I love how you use it to give subtle dimension to your backgrounds. Now, to figure out where to find it. ;-)

Wishing you and yours a very Merry Christmas, and all the best in 2012! Can't wait to see what you have in store for the future. Happy stamping! Doris