Friday, December 16, 2011

Four Ways Friday #72 - Chipboard

For this week's Four Ways Friday I wanted to share four different ways you can use chipboard in your papercrafting projects!  I hope you find some inspiration in these ideas!
For this first project I incorporated stamping and stenciling on chipboard.  I cut the chipboard using the Circles #2 die in the Big Shot and then used a paper cutter to cut off one piece of the circle.  The tag was sprayed, sponged and stenciled.  Next I sprayed the chipboard with a mixture of alcohol and champagne shimmer mist paint (I keep the mixture in a small spray bottle).  It is difficult to see in the photo, but this chipboard is really sparkly!  Next I stamped the chipboard with the sentiment from Sincere Salutations and Staz-On ink.  The final touch was to add some stenciling to the chipboard using some sequin waste and gold acrylic paint.  The chipboard was then adhered to the tag using glue.  Of course, I had to add a painted transparency bird :)
Did you know you can use your embossing folders with chipboard????  It works great and creates all kinds of possibilities for your chipboard!  Here I cut a triangle from the chipboard and then ran it through the Big Shot with the Petals A Plenty embossing folder.  I then rubbed the embossed chipboard against the Cherry Cobbler ink pad and did a touch of sponging as well.  Next I added a bit of champagne shimmer mist paint with my finger and a touch of gold smooch ink to the raised dots.  Here is a close up:
I then adhered the chipboard and a trunk made from card stock to the Wild Wasabi card base using glue.  The banner was created with a piece of Very Vanilla card stock and stamped with Early Espresso ink and the Calendar Alphabet & Numbers stamp set.  I curled the banner with my bone folder and then adhered it using 2 glue dots at the ends.  The adhesive rhinestones were added for a touch of bling :)
Chipboard is great to use for making signs!!!  Here I used a combination of mat board (my Aunt owns a framing gallery and had given me some leftover pieces of mat board to play with) and chipboard to create the sign itself.  The mat board was glued to two layers of chipboard to give the sign additional thickness.  I outlined the edges with a gold leaf marker.  Next I drilled a few holes into the chipboard (gotta love using power tools on your paper crafting projects!).  I then attached the silverware to the sign with some thin wire.  The letters were die cut from chipboard using the Serif Essentials dies and the Big Shot.  I then sponged the letters with a combination of Chocolate Chip and Early Espresso ink.  I sponged them about 3 times to create the dark brown color (chipboard likes to soak up ink and as it dried the color tends to get a bit lighter).  I adhered the letters to the sign with glue.
Chipboard also makes a wonderful base for the faux metal technique using your embossing powders!  Here I cut a circle from the chipboard using the Circles #2 die and the Big Shot.  Next I inked up the chipboard with VersaMark ink and then covered it with silver embossing powder.  I heat embossed with my heat tool.  I repeated the VersaMark, embossing powder and heating until I had four layers of melted embossing powder on the chipboard.  Immediately after melting the last layer, I pressed the snowflake stamp from Sweet Season into the hot embossing powder.  I pushed it down for a few seconds and then pulled it up and the image was embossed into the powder - magic!!!!  Here is a close up:
I added an adhesive rhinestone to the center.  Next I used the modern label punch to punch out a small piece of brushed silver card stock.  I adhered this piece to the chipboard ornament with glue and then adhered the entire ornament to the Whisper White card base with glue.  A small bow of gold elastic was added to the top of the ornament with glue and the greeting from Short & Sweet was stamped with Jet Black Staz-On.
I hope you've enjoyed this week's Four Ways Friday and I hope it inspires you to look at your chipboard in new and interesting ways!!!!!!  Wishing you a wonderful, peaceful and creative weekend!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Lorraine said...

Your projects are always so inspirational. You have to know I was drawn to the bluebird! You've given me some more last minute ideas to work on. Have a great weekend!