Wednesday, November 02, 2011

Playing With Chipboard

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  Trust In Your Ability!
I'm not sure when it started, but I began to believe that I couldn't draw/create shapes on my own :(  Somehow the Big Shot, and the amazing shapes it creates, had an impact on me I hadn't expected.  I began to believe that if I wanted to add a shape to a card or paper project I needed just the right die to do it!  This came to light when I started to play with today's project and I wanted a crown made out of chipboard.  But, lo and behold, I don't have a crown die for the Big Shot and I thought I was sunk.  Then I remembered...I can draw a crown!!!!  (I know, not a miraculous thought...but at that moment it really was miraculous since I had forgotten about my own abilities).  So I pulled out a piece of chipboard and I drew a crown on it with a pen.  I then cut it out with scissors and ta-da - I had the shape I needed.  I then covered the crown with aluminum tape from the hardware store and started to decorate the crown with various metal working & embossing tools that I had on the craft table.  Here is the crown in progress:
This is another project that I am working on step-by-step.  I'll share with you another little part...another shape I created...can you guess what it is?
If you start to believe that you need just the right tool or product, remember to trust in your own abilities!!!!  Oh, and in case you are wondering, I did use one Stampin' Up! product for this project...the chipboard was actually the backing sheet from a Stampin' Up! product :)  Don't throw those chipboard backings away - you can definitely put them to good use!!!!  Tomorrow I'll share a bit more of this project with you :)

No comments: