Thursday, November 03, 2011

More Chipboard Shapes & Sizes :)

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  We Are Not Sent Into This World To Do Anything Into Which We Cannot Put Our Hearts
This John Ruskin quote began as the inspiration for this art piece that is still "under construction."  I truly believe that we are each sent to this planet to do that which speaks to our hearts and I wanted to make a piece of art that I can hang in the craft room that will continually remind me of this truth.  What a wonderful measure for us to test if we are doing what we are meant to do - to ask ourselves if we can put our heart into it.
I began by taping strips of copper tape to a large piece of chipboard.  I then used metal stamps to stamp into the copper tape to create the quote.  I cut out the chipboard pieces and coated each of them with black acrylic paint and then wiped most of the paint off.  The heart was created like the crown I made yesterday - relying on my ability to draw a heart :)  I drew the heart on a piece of scrap chipboard and cut it out and then covered it with aluminum hardware tape and a few piece of copper tape before embossing it and covering it with black acrylic paint (and then wiping the paint off).  These pieces will be joining the crown and this canvas:
I covered this canvas with hardware tape - I believe this tape is used for backing tiles (but I could be wrong about that...I was attracted to all the little squares, not the intended hardware use :).  The tape is adhesive on one side, but I still used matte medium to adhere it to try to prevent any lifting.  I then covered the entire canvas with gesso.  Yes, this is another project where, so far, the only Stampin' Up! product has been the chipboard.  It really is amazing what you can do with that chipboard!!!!!  Just think what you can do with the backing from your designer series paper packs and decor elements and stencil packaging!!! :)  The possibilities are endless!!!! :)  Stay tuned for more photos as this project progresses.  I keep wondering which will reach completion first...this one or the "fly" canvas!  What do you think? :)

1 comment:

Lorraine said...

I am loving these artistic creations with chipboard. Think I'm going to have to make a trip to Lowe's or Home Depot soon!