Friday, November 25, 2011

Four Ways Friday #70 - Vintage Vogue

For this week's Four Ways Friday I decided to play around with the Vintage Vogue stamp set and to combine that playing with the idea of keeping things pretty clean and simple.  I hope you enjoy what I came up with!
The first card is simple, simple, simple!  I used the stamp-a-ma-jig and stamped the floral image twice with Marina Mist ink - once facing up and then facing down.  I then used the stamp-a-ma-jig again to line up the greeting and stamped it using Jet Black Staz-On ink.  The final touch was to add a bit of dazzling diamonds with a 2-way glue pen.  So simple!
For this second card I kept things super simple!  Here I stamped the vine image using Pear Pizazz ink.  Next I stamped the smaller flower using Regal Rose ink at full and half strength.  I love how the vine image mimics the stems of flowers.  Finally, the greeting was stamped using the stamp-a-ma-jig and Jet Black Staz-On ink.  Making a matching envelope is quick and easy and really adds a special touch (and it gives the postal agent something pretty to look at :).
I love using stamps to create background papers and the Vintage Vogue images create great backgrounds!  Here I stamped the smaller floral image and the leaf image over and over using Perfect Plum and Wild Wasabi ink at full and half strength.  If you see some blue or other color showing through it is because I began by spraying the card stock with a mixture of ink and water.  I then let it dry and then began all of my flower and leaf stamping.  I love how it provides some added depth to the background.  The greeting is from Pennant Parade and was stamped with Perfect Plum and then punched and layered on top of a larger circle punch and a scallop circle punch.  I added some adhesive rhinestones to give the card some bling :)  The background and the greeting were adhered to a Wild Wasabi panel which was then adhered to a Whisper White card base.
Watercolor techniques work great with floral images!  Here I colored directly on the small flower stamp with markers (Rich Razzleberry and Pacific Point).  I then sprayed the colored stamp with water before stamping the image onto watercolor paper.  I repeated this process multiple times, overlapping the flowers as I went.  I allowed the piece to dry and then cut out the floral image using scissors and a hobby blade.  I punched out the center of the flowers using the crop-a-dile.  The piece was then adhered to a piece of designer paper (Brights pattern stack) using glue and the entire panel was then adhered to a Tempting Turquoise card base.  Adhesive rhinestones were added to the center of each flower.  Finally, I stamped the greeting from Curly Cute onto Crumb Cake card stock using Rich Razzleberry ink.  This piece was then adhered to the card front using glue.
I hope you've enjoyed this week's Four Ways Friday.  I wish you a wonderful, creative and productive weekend!!!!  I hope that the spirit of gratitude from Thanksgiving goes with you into the coming days and weeks! :)

No comments: