Monday, November 21, 2011

Artistic Etchings Key Card

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  If You're Not Content On The Inside, The Inside Is A Great Place To Begin
I know how easy it can be to turn to instant gratification from the outside when I am not feeling content on the inside.  Tired and grumpy? - ooh, maybe some new craft supplies will cure that!  Depressed and out of sorts?  Some new paint and markers are just the thing!  Feeling down on yourself?  Give in to the temptation for on-line shopping and shipping.  Or don't...  When I am feeling down, the instinct is to turn to a quick pick-me-up - to believe that all it will take is paying some money for something to make me instantly feel better.  And while there is a bit of a "high" as the purchase is being made, it doesn't take long for me to look at the new "thing" - whatever it is - and realize it does not hold the key to my happiness.  If I am not content on the inside I have learned that the inside is where I need to begin - the place I need to start my journey back to feeling better.  It is not something that can be bought.  It is something that deserves my time and attention and sometimes my creativity (after all, even though new art supplies won't do the trick, I definitely have a large enough stash of current supplies that can be turned to for a creative journey when I am feeling down).  Let's see if I can resist the urge to binge when the next slump hits and rather turn to myself for the best kind of gratification there is - the kind that comes from the inside!
Today's card is clean and simple.  I just used my stamp-a-ma-jig to stamp the key from Artistic Etchings multiple times using Early Espresso ink at full and half strength.  I then added the greeting from Teeny Tiny Greetings.  Simple and clean.  I hope you like it :)
ONLINE EXTRAVAGANZA!!!!
It's time for Online Extravaganza!!!!!!  Online Extravaganza, the annual Stampin' Up! sale to kick off the holiday shopping season, will begin today, Monday, November 21, 2011, and run through Wednesday, November 30, 2011!!!!!!  Click HERE to log in to my online store beginning Monday, November 21, to take advantage of great savings, like 60 percent off select Designer Fabrics, and 30 percent off an exclusive ribbon bundle!  But wait!  There's more!!!!!
There will be two items on sale today, for 24 hours only (November 21, 12:01 AM - 11:59 PM [MT]) - so make sure you don't miss the first 24 hours of Online Extravaganza!   Click HERE to shop the Online Extravaganza!!!!!

No comments: