Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Pocket Silhouettes Best Wishes Card

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  If You Do The Work, You Will See Your Progress!
If you have been reading my blog, you know that I have been doing the P90X workout videos.  I've been very proud of my resolve to actually do the workouts - I have been sticking with it and I continue to "push play" on the DVD player on my laptop - doing each video, one by one - putting in the work.  I am now almost done with week 3 and it is actually fun to think back to the first week and recognize how far I've come.  There were some exercises I really struggled with that I can now do - I'm not saying they are effortless yet - but I can do them and do them proudly!  There was a part of me that was a tiny bit discouraged since my body seemed to be staying the same to me - I was wanting some instant gratification.  Well today, after almost 3 weeks of daily workouts - I had some gratification!  I did the abdominal exercise workout for the 9th time in 3 weeks today and I actually saw some muscles in my stomach area that I had NEVER seen before!  Who knew they even existed in there?! :)  It felt AWESOME to see something like that appear from all of my hard work!  It reminds me, yet again, that if you do the work, you will see your progress!  The same is true with your creating!  If you take the time and do the work of expressing your creativity, you will progress with your art and with your ability to express yourself in your own best and unique way!
For today's card I went back to a clean and simple look with one of my favorite stamp sets.  I started with a Whisper White card base.  I then die cut a piece of Brushed Silver card stock using the clearlits scallop rectangle die.  Next I cut a rectangle from Whisper White card stock.  I stamped the right hand side using a floral image from Pocket Silhouettes using Sahara Sand ink.  I then added a touch of dazzling diamonds to the flowers using a 2-way glue pen.  Have I mentioned lately that dazzling diamonds is my FAVORITE glitter in the world?!!!!!  It is so fine and sparkly and add such an amazing pop to cards in such an easy way!  I stamped the greeting from Short & Sweet using Basic Black ink and then mounted the rectangle to the scallop rectangle using dimensionals.  The piece was then attached to the card base using glue.  The final touch was to add three adhesive rhinestones.  I hope you like it!

No comments: