Friday, October 21, 2011

Four Ways Friday #66 - Reinkers!

Hello everyone!  Thanks for stopping by on my birthday! :)  It's exciting to have had the experience of another year of life and to have shared some of this past year with you!  I really appreciate your stopping by and I hope you gain something, anything, from sharing your moments with me!
In this week's Four Ways Friday I would like to share four ways for you to use your classic reinkers!  And yes, I am typing this with inky fingers :)  That's kind of hard to avoid when you start playing with your reinkers ;)
Let's begin with a quick and easy way to use your reinker - as a writing utensil!  Here I took a piece of Whisper White card stock and my Blushing Bride reinker and I just drew lines and squiggles vertically on the card stock.  When you draw with your reinkers in this way, the lines actually become a bit raised from the card stock - it's a cool textural look!  I then adhered some adhesive pearls and added some additional pearl dimension by making small dots along the lines with a non-SU! product.  The greeting is from Teeny Tiny Wishes and I layered a number of punches to pop up the greeting.  The whole panel was then adhered to a Whisper White card base with dimensionals.
For this second card I played with one of my favorite self-created techniques.  If you have watched my videos, you have seen me create this ink blot background.  I placed Tangerine Tango and Basic Black reinker onto a piece of freezer paper and then folded the freezer paper in half and squished the ink around.  I then opened up the freezer paper and laid a piece of Whisper White card stock over the ink and pressed down.  It creates a great ink blot transfer onto the cardstock!  Next I let it dry and then sponged the edges of the piece and adhered it to a Whisper White card base with glue.  The ghosts were made using the 2-step owl punch and I punched the eyes and mouths with my crop-a-dile and backed each ghost with a small piece of Basic Black card stock to highlight the eyes and mouths.  I sponged the edges with Basic Black ink.  The banner was sponged with Tangerine Tango ink and then the letters from the Calendar Alphabet & Numbers stamp set were stamped with Basic Black in.  The banner and the ghosts were adhered with a combination of glue and dimensionals.
I love creating ink mists with my reinkers!  I just place a few drops of reinker in a small spray bottle with water, shake it up, and spray away!  Here I began with a piece of Whisper White card stock.  I then punched out some circles from scrap paper and placed the randomly over the card stock to act as masks.  I sprayed various colors of ink, removed the first set of circles and added another set, and then sprayed more colors of ink until I was happy with the result.  I used the heat tool to dry things a bit (since I'm not the best at being patient for card stock to dry!).  I then added the scallop-punched Tempting Turquoise card stock and the greeting from Teeny Tiny Wishes.  The animals from Fox and Friends were stamped, cut out, and adhered to the card with dimensionals.  The button adds a final touch.
If you're not afraid of cleaning up a little ink, this last reinker technique is a lot of fun.  I placed some water and Rich Razzleberry reinker in a little spray bottle and then sprayed one side of the Finnial Press embossing folder.  I then placed a piece of Whisper White card stock down on the ink sprayed side of the folder and ran it through the Big Shot.  I helped the drying process with the heat tool and then built the card.  The greeting is from Sincere Salutations which was punched out.  I then used a smaller circle as a mask and did some stamping with a floral image from Tiny Tags to create a border around the greeting.
I hope you've enjoyed this week's Four Ways Friday!  I wish you a wonderful and creative weekend!!!!!  Thank you for sharing my birthday with me! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Have a wonderful birthday, Michelle! Thank you for sharing your creativity and wisdom through your delightful blog. I visit daily (your site is in my favourites folder), and gain something valuable from each post. Love what you've done with the reinkers. Hope you're being pampered and spoiled today! Doris