Monday, October 17, 2011

Busy, Busy, Busy!

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  Rust Takes Time!
I hope you had a wonderful weekend!  I disappeared on Friday - sorry about that - I just couldn't get my act together to get my posting done in time.  But this is a new week...so we'll see what happens :)  What I have already begun to learn this week is that rust takes time!  I have found a new product (non-Stampin' Up!) that really intrigues me!  I had to run out and buy it and give it a try!  I got together a few cans and began my journey toward rust.  First I used black gesso to coat the cans (I should have used some sandpaper to scratch up the surface a bit before adding the gesso - I'll make a note for next time!).
Of course I had to show some patience and allow the time for that to dry.  Next came two coats of the  base for the rusting process - and allowing the coats to dry in between.
And then came the rusting solution!
 I've got one coat on now...and I can add another coat in another 24 hours...this really is a true test of my patience ;)  Of course, it is also a test of your patience since I can't share a finished product with you until the can is ready to decorate and stamp! :)  I guess that means we're both learning...rust takes time!
Ooh - look!  I woke up this morning and put another coat of the rusting solution on the surface and here is what the cans look like now:
Glad I've been patient - I really LOVE how these are turning out!  Hopefully I'll be able to share more progress with you tomorrow :)

No comments: