Thursday, September 01, 2011

Trio Punch Flower Gift Card

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  I Still Like To Be Validated
There is a bookstore not far from where I live.  There is a parking garage where the store is located and, if you take your parking ticket in the store with you, they will validate the parking for you so you can park for free.  When I was there awhile back and walked up to the register and asked to be validated, the person at the register said, "You are a beautiful human being!" and then stamped my parking ticket!  Talk about validation!!!!!  Although I have tried to convince myself that other people's opinions don't matter at all, I realize that I'm a bit full of it!  It still feels good to be validated - here on the blog - or when I receive evaluations after I've conducted a training session (something that I do quite frequently as part of my work life).  I guess Maslow was right when he said that as human beings we all have a need for recognition - to be acknowledged for our contribution.  It truly does feel good!  Thank you to those of you that leave comments for me (Lorraine and Doris I really appreciate your words - they make me feel AWESOME!!!).  I really appreciate your validation!!!!!
Today's card was one that I put together quickly to leave on Michael's pillow before heading out on my last work trip.  I took a 3" x 6" piece of River Rock card stock and folded it in half.  I then adhered a little rectangle of Whisper White card stock with glue.  The greeting from Teeny Tiny Wishes was stamped in Basic Black ink with the help of the stamp-a-ma-jig.  I then punched three little flowers using the flower punch from the trio punch out of Basic Black card stock.  I adhered them to the card and then placed a self-adhesive rhinestone jewel in the center of each flower!  I hope you like it

Check out the new HOLIDAY MINI CATALOG!!!  You can click on the picture in the upper right-hand corner of my blog to see inside the catalog for our new products & ideas!  Enjoy!!!!

No comments: