Monday, September 19, 2011

Mixed Letters Celebrate Card

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  Move Things Around
I find that sometimes all I need to do to try to bust out of a "funk" is to move things around.  This past weekend we decided to change around what was hanging on the walls in our different rooms.  It's amazing how the same pieces can look totally different against a different wall or how different a room can feel with different art on the walls.  If you are feeling down in the dumps or just in the mood for some change, trying moving things around on your walls - it may be just what you need!
Today's card is a mix of letters and rectangles that I moved around a lot until I found the design that I liked.  I started with a bigger than usual card base (Finished Size:  8” x 3 3/4”).  I die cut some letters from multiple colors of card stock.  I stamped the largest die cut letter with the Sanded background stamp.  The letters were adhered to different colored cardstock backgrounds using glue.  I sponged the  edges of the letter blocks with Early Espresso ink.  I also stamped a variety of letters and cut them out.  I then popped them up onto various rectangles of colored card stock and sponged the edges.  For one of the letters I adhered an old book page to a piece of chip board and die cut the piece.  I then used die cut “negative” and sponged it with ink, then adhered a piece of card stock behind thedie cut negative.  Finally, I arranged all letters on the card base and adhered them with glue.

Supplies:
Card stock:  Rich Razzleberry, Daffodil Delight; Basic Black, Crumb Cake, Marina Mist, Pink Pirouette, Old Olive, Blushing Bride, Not Quite Navy, Pumpkin Pie
Ink: Not Quite Navy, Pumpkin Pie, Cherry Cobbler, Rose Red, Early Espresso
Stamps:  Calendar Alphabet & Numbers, Broadsheet Alphabet, Sanded Background
Accessories:  Serif Essentials dies (Sizzix), Simple Alphabet dies (Sizzix), ½” circle punch, Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack; book page, chipboard

2 comments:

Lorraine said...

Cool card. What a great idea - that's putting your punches to great use. How sad for the kitty to be abandoned like that. Glad you were there to keep it from harm. Too bad you didn't get the license plate number, but who would've known someone would be doing something so unkind.

Lorraine said...

I think you lost a post somewhere because my previous comment was on your kaleidoscope card - hmmmm. But, let me say that I love this card. The letters were a brilliant addition and make a wonderful background.