Thursday, September 22, 2011

Matchbox Die Television Birthday Card

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  Seasons Are Changing
It seems my mood changes with the seasons.  I can feel the chill in the air in the morning.  The small birds seem so active now - anticipating the changing weather and eating more seeds and singing more songs.  There is a different energy in my step and I can feel my anticipation for cold breezy stays spent snuggly warm in the craft room creating.  I am looking forward to this change of seasons - to sit at home with my creativity and see what happens!  I wonder if my creations will take on more layers as I find myself layering more clothes on my body to keep warm.  Will I shed some old colors and try some new ones?  Will I venture into new mediums as the grass turns to ground?  The seasons are changing - and so too am I.
Today's card began when I found a Baja Breeze matchbox die cut bottom that was leftover from another project I  had done.  I adhered the box bottom together and for some reason it made me think of an old fashioned television.  So, I cut a triangle of Basic Black card stock and punched out an extra large oval from the center.  I then stamped the birthday cake from Bring On The Cake onto Whisper White card stock using Basic Black ink.  I colored in the image with markers and cut it out.  I added a bit of glitter glue for some bling.  Next I cut a small piece of wire and paper pierced a few holes in the top of the tv.  I ran the wire through the holes to create an antennae.  I also paper pierced a few holes on the Basic Black card stock and added a few silver brads for tv knobs (you remember when tv's had knobs, don't you?!).  The front of the tv was then adhered to the box using glue and the cake adhered to the box using about 3 layers of dimensionals to make it stand out.  Here is a close up of the tv.
Finally, I stamped the greeting using Calendar Alphabet & Numbers and Basic Black ink.  I hope you like it!  FYI, this card can't fit in an envelope - it's got A LOT of dimension due to the matchbox! :)

No comments: