Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Lovely Letters and Nature Walk "Fly" Card

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  Do What You Like, Even For A Little Bit!
I had a pretty tight day scheduled earlier in the week and yet I really wanted to be able to get out on my bike and enjoy the gorgeous weather.  We decided to fit in an hour-long bike ride, in between other appointments and chores and I am sooooo glad we did!  We went for just 53 minutes, but in that 53 minutes we were able to enjoy the glorious sunshine, get some exercise, and disconnect from the day-to-day requirements.  I have to remember that not every ride has to be an "epic" ride.  I don't have to reserve doing the things I love to do for only those situations where I have a substantial chunk of time to do them.  Do what you like - even for a little bit!  You'll be glad you did! :)
I began today's card by stamping the Lovely Letters onto a Crumb Cake card stock base using my stamp-a-ma-jig and Crumb Cake ink.  I then masked the edges of the card and sponged the edges with Crumb Cake ink.  Using the color spritzer tool, I spritzed the card with Crumb Cake marker.  I then adhered a vintage paper doily to the card base using glue (I knew I would find something fun to do with those doilies!).  I made a small slit in the edge of the card and threaded through a piece of Victoria Lace ribbon and knotted it.  Next I stamped the letters for "fly" onto Very Vanilla card stock using Crumb Cake ink.  I then cut the letters out into rectangles and adhered glass glitter to the edges using Crystal Effects.  I attached the letters to the card with dimensionals.  I then stamped the images from Nature Walk with Basic Black ink onto Very Vanilla card stock and colored them in using stampin' pastels.  Finally, I cut out the colored images and  adhered them to the card with dimensionals.  Supplies Card Stock:  Crumb Cake, Very Vanilla Ink:  Crumb Cake, Basic Black Stamps:  Nature Walk, Lovely Letters Alphabet Accessories:  Victoria Lace Ribbon, Champagne Glass Glitter, color spritzer tool, stampin' pastels, vintage paper doily

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I always enjoy your cards, and reading your lessons from the craft room. Today's lesson really struck a nerve; I'm always waiting for large chunks of time to do the things I want. I may have to rethink that philosophy. Glad you went out for a rejuvenating ride. Happy stamping! Doris