Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Kaleidoscope Circle Punch Card

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  Help When You Can And Ask For Help If You Need To
When Buddy and I were walking through park on our way home, we watched as a woman pulled up to the curb at the park, opened her car door and a kitten jumped out.  The woman then got out of the car, put down an open can of food, got back in her car and drove away - leaving the kitty and the open can in the park.  It is hard for me to watch as someone abandons an animal.  I don't understand why she didn't just take the kitty to a shelter if she could no longer care for it.  It was an adorable kitty and I know someone would have loved to give her a good home.  I can't sit by and watch things like this happen without doing something, so Buddy and I retrieved the little kitty and brought her home.  We called Animal Control and they said they could come by and pick her up and that she would get her shots and tests and then be put up for adoption at the shelter.  Well, by the time Animal Control got to the house my heart was already being tested.  The Animal Control officer could not have been nicer - he said I could hold onto her for a bit if I wanted to think about keeping her.  So off he went, and there I was, holding the kitty and beginning to fall in love.  When Michael got home we talked a bit about it.  Willow, our senior cat, has been dealing with lymphoma for over a year now and she is about 17 years old.  We decided that trying to introduce a frisky young kitty into the house might not be the best for Willow - that the change and adjustment may cause a bit too much stress on her.  It was a very tough decision, but I called the Animal Control officer back and he came to pick up the little kitty.  I made him promise me that if there was ANY chance that she did not get adopted and might be euthanized to call me immediately!  That I would not allow for that to happen and would find her a home.  Sometimes you just need to be willing to help when you can and to ask for help when you need it.
Today's card was a lot of fun to make - just circles punches and card stock!  I punched out cirlces from card stock in rainbow colors.  I then layered the circles one on top of the other and adhered them together with glue.  I attached a rectangle of Basic Black card stock to the 5" x 5" Whisper White card base and then adhered the rainbow circles to the card stock using dimensionals.  I hope you like it!

Supplies:
Card stock:  Whisper White, Basic Black, Real Red, Pumpkin Pie, Daffodil Delight, Garden Green, Tempting Turquoise, Elegant Eggplant
Accessories:  Circle punches 1 ¾”, 1 ½”, 1 ¼”, 1”, ¾”, ½”; Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack

No comments: