Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Happiness For You Note Card

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  You Will Be In Exactly The Right Place At The Right Time
Yesterday was a reminder to me of how we end up exactly where we need to be at exactly the right moment.  Two particular incidents stick out in my mind from yesterday.  The first was when I was in the craft room, doing my own thing, when Buddy started going bonkers.  Turned out one of our dog-walking friends was at the front door to say hello.  I invited her out onto the back porch and we sat and chatted and caught up on what had been going on for each of us.  Being on the back porch had not been a part of plan, and I'm so glad it was where I was...because along came a hummingbird!!!!  That is a very rare happening for us - we have seen two since we have lived here.  Had I not been outside at that precise moment, I would not have seen the fleeting bird.  Later in the day I was in the exact right place again.  We were walking Buddy and came across another dog-walking friend.  We began chatting about bike riding and ended up exchanging numbers so we can plan a ride together this weekend!  These unplanned meetings - with nature and friends - remind me yet again that I will always be in exactly the place I need to be at exactly the right time - whether I plan it or not :)
Today's 3 1/2" x 3 1/2" little card will be accompanying a gift that I will be giving to a friend this week.  I will share the little gift with you tomorrow :)  The colors I used are Pink Pirouette, Bashful Blue, Chocolate Chip and Early Espresso.  I love using the stamps from Fabulous Phrases to create my own greetings.  Here I stamped the words on two separate decorate label punches, cut them in half and then adhered them under the ribbon on the card.  I did a lot of sponging on this card - no surface was safe :)  I also used the delicate floral stamp from Tiny Tags to add some flowers to the tag.  I ran a scrap of Bashful Blue card stock through the Big Shot with the Framed Tulips embossing folder and then sewed it to the card with my sewing machine and gold metallic thread.  I used a piece of retired Chocolate Chip grosgrain ribbon - I still love it :)  Finally, I added a few tiny adhesive pearls.  Hope you like it :)

No comments: