Friday, September 09, 2011

Four Ways Friday #61 - Batty For You (And Halloween!)

This week's Four Ways Friday has Halloween on it's mind :)  Join me as I share four ways to use the Batty For You stamp set!
It's easy to think that the images in Batty For You are only for punching out with the 1 1/2" circle punch.  Well sure, you can do that - as I did here with Frankenstein...but you can also stamp like crazy to make adorable background papers!  Here I stamped the different images on a Whisper White card base using Peach Parfait, Pear Pizazz, Concord Crush and Basic Black ink.  I added a strip of Concord Crush card stock, an extra large Pear Pizazz oval, a 1 3/4" basic black circle punch, and a modern label punched Full Calendar stamped image.  The letters are from the Timeless Type Alphabet sizzlits.  The "happy" is from one of the stamps in the On Your Birthday stamp set.
These stamps have great images to cut out and add onto cards!  Here I die cut the letters for "BOO" using the Serif Essentials dies and Basic Black, Pear Pizazz, and Perfect Plum card stock.  I then ran the letters through the Big Shot with the Square Lattice embossing folder.  The letters were then adhered to the Whisper White card stock base using a combination of glue and dimensionals.  I stamped the cat image by coloring the image on the stamp with Basic Black marker and then stamping onto Whisper White card stock.  I then cut out the cat and added it to the card with a dimensional.  So simple...although it makes a big statement :)  Hope I didn't scare you :)
If you enjoy using your paper snips, then this is the card for you! :)  The finished card is 5"x6".  I stamped the Bingo background using Early Espresso ink on a Crumb Cake card base.  I then stamped the Batty For You images with different colored inks and cut them all out.  Most of the images were popped up on the card front with dimensionals.  I added a piece of 1 1/4" striped grosgrain ribbon and tied it off with a bit of linen thread.  I then layered a decorative label punch of Always Artichoke, a designer label punch of Concord Crush and one of the cut out images.  The greeting is from Teeny Tiny Wishes - stamped with Concord Crush, cut in half and then sponged with Early Espresso ink.
Paper quilling seems to be all the rage these days so I decided to incorporate quilling into this spider card!  I stamped the spider multiple times using Basic Black ink on a Pear Pizazz card base.  I then cut very thin strips of Basic Black card stock and curled two main bodies for the spiders.  I then curled legs and adhered them to the main bodies using glue.  Some googley eyes were added to the spooky spiders and then I added a rub-on greeting to finish the card.
I hope you've enjoyed this week's Four Ways Friday - hard to believe I'm starting to think about Halloween!  I hope you have a wonderfully creative and peaceful weekend!!!!

1 comment:

Lorraine said...

You are so right - I think I've only every used this set by punching out circles. These are great ideas and I'll be using some of them.