Tuesday, September 06, 2011

Box #2 Hanukkah Gift Box

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  Some Days It Is Perfectly Clear; Other Days Quite Hazy
When I walk Buddy in the morning we usually pass by a number of places where we can get clear views of the mountains.  Yesterday, the mountains were crystal clear and I could see for miles.  On other days, I may find myself wondering where the mountains have gone since the air is hazy or the clouds have covered them and they are nowhere to be seen.  I realize that my life can feel like these mountains sometimes.  Some days my life and my purpose are perfectly clear to me - I am headed in exactly the right direction for myself.  On other days, things are really hazy - I wonder if I am doing the right thing or if I am just lost and floundering.  What I need to remember is that on those hazy days there is one thing that I can sure of - things will become crystal clear again if I am just patient.  Those mountains never really disappear - they are still there - just waiting for the right conditions to show themselves again.
Today's project is a box I made quite awhile ago to submit to a magazine with the hope of getting it published.  This box didn't get accepted, however another project I made did...I'll share that with you once it gets published!  This box was made using the Box #2 die and Brushed Silver card stock.  I heat embossed the flourish from the Season of Joy stamp set using silver embossing powder.  I added a few adhesive rhinestone jewels for some bling.  The Star of David was made by paper piecing 2 triangles and I added the dime since the dreidel game during Hanukkah is often played using coins.  I created the greeting on the computer and printed it onto Whisper White card stock.  The handle was attached with brads and then I added paper chain links to the handle with glue and gave them some rhinestone bling!  I hope you like it!

No comments: