Thursday, August 04, 2011

On Your Birthday Cupcake Card

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  Why is "no" such a difficult word for me?
I seem to struggle with the ability to say "no."  Why is that?  What is my fear?  Disappointing someone?  And what if I do?  In the craft room I have a habit of not saying no - allowing myself to say "yes" to whatever inspiration comes along and I love the freedom of saying "yes" when I create.  However, when I'm not in the craft room - when I am out in the wide wide world, sometimes "yes" can create roadblocks and obstacles to living the life I aspire to live.  So I'm going to give "no" some more practice - allowing myself to set boundaries - all in the interest of ensuring I am taking care of myself and my creative spirit.
Today's card is a simple one - a one stamp wonder :)  I stamped the greeting from On Your Birthday using Staz-on Jet Black ink and the stamp-a-ma-jig.  I then used the paper piercing tool to create a line of holes beside the greeting.  The cupcake was created using a portion of a punched scallop circle.  I coated it with glue and then sprinkled on some faux frosting made from styrofoam (you can see the video for how to make the frosting HERE).  The cupcake wrapper is just a piece of daffodil delight card stock that I cut out and ran through the crimping tool.  The candle was paper pieced and I added a dash of dazzling diamonds to the candle.  The cupcake was then adhered to the Whisper White card base using dimensionals.  I hope you like it! :)

No comments: