Monday, August 08, 2011

Groovy Penguins - Every Little Bit Card

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  Watch For Moments Of Serendipity!
I am a firm believer that life works in mysterious way.  That somehow, beneath the chaos that appears to be our lives there is a deeper sense of order that is sending us signs if we take notice.  If you have ever experienced "coincidence," these are the moments I'm talking about.  I don't believe they are coincidences at all - that these moments have deep meaning for us.  I had one of these "serendipitous" moments this weekend.  I decided to go out for a bike ride and headed out the door intending to head east on the bike trail.  Before I made it out of my neighborhood I ran into one of my neighbors who commented that on the weekend she tends to not head east toward downtown since the trail gets really crowded.  She made a suggestion that I head west, toward the reservoir, instead.  So, when I arrived at the trail, I turned west.  I haven't been riding a lot and it was a hot day so after riding for awhile I stopped my bike and thought about turning around.  It was at that EXACT moment that a bike passed me on the left and I looked up and it was another one of my neighbors!  I called out her name and she stopped her bike and we talked and decided to continue riding together.  My ride ended up being 3 times as long as I thought it would be...and 3 times as long as I ever thought I was capable of.  So what is the meaning in this moment of serendipity?  I feel it has everything to do about moving forward when we are tempted to "turn around" so that we can discover our strengths- how capable we really are!  When I create, I can sometimes get discouraged - I can get the urge to "turn around."  Not gonna happen!  I'm going to keep moving forward - trusting in my creative strength! :)
Today's card began with the word "groovy" which I stamped using the Calendar Alphabet & Numbers stamp set and Old Olive ink.  I had originally stamped the word thinking I would use it for one of last week's cards, but I decided I didn't like how it came together.  So, I didn't "turn around," I found something else that I liked with the word :)  Here I stamped the penguin from Every Little Bit with Staz-On onto a Whisper White card base.  I then colored in the feet and beaks with Tangerine Tango marker.  Finally I added a strip of Melon Mambo pom-pom trim.  I hope you like it! :)

No comments: